Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

13.0@104mph :D.. kinda lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 09:51 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default 13.0@104mph :D.. kinda lol

Name:  130_1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  43.3 KB

Name:  1301.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  43.5 KB

Name:  1302.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  39.1 KB

I just uploaded the SRT performance pages onto my '13 RT AWD Charger. It also comes enabled with "Sport mode" which enhances the TCM for greater shift pressures, increases timing ( somewhat ) and throttle enhancements. I am not stock so it's a nice little bonus of a mod that didn't cost me anything since it's just a new Firmware update for my Electronic Shift kit ( also boosting shift pressures ). 3000 stall, Diablo custom tune, 180T stat with fan settings. Fat cold air intake.

This car feels about as quick as my 09 did with just bolt on's running 12.8's with a 3500 stall and custom tune

I have a few more mods and I am done modding, it's just a fun daily driver.. not a fire breather by any means lol

It does not feel like it weighs 4,585 lbs. ( 4,700 w/driver!)

Name:  zero2sixty.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  31.0 KB

Name:  zero2sixty2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  35.8 KB

Old 02-27-2015, 08:56 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Very impressive for the weight ........ Yikes !!! They are on the heavy side lol.

Hey, since its slow in here lately, and your a Mopar guy, I just picked up an 04 Durango with the Hemi. I did a quick Google search on it and was surprised with how many complaints on this motor throwing rods out the block with no warning, and other fatal endings. Is this just internet forum hype or did the earlier ones have some issues. Thanks

Sorry for the off topic hyjack.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:06 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Always wondered how accurate this kinda stuff is?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:53 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Very impressive for the weight ........ Yikes !!! They are on the heavy side lol.

Hey, since its slow in here lately, and your a Mopar guy, I just picked up an 04 Durango with the Hemi. I did a quick Google search on it and was surprised with how many complaints on this motor throwing rods out the block with no warning, and other fatal endings. Is this just internet forum hype or did the earlier ones have some issues. Thanks

Sorry for the off topic hyjack.
Thanks.. it took a lot of tuning and removing the factory torque management to get the power up. I remember in anger at the track when my car was running the stock Transmission Control Module, Torque converter and stock shift points ( 5785). I could stand on the throttle at launch.. nadda.. zippo.. none. The harder I tried, the worse it got. I ran 14.3's before I nearly threw in the towel. I finally installed a 3000 stall and custom tuned TCM, knocking off a full second from my previous times and it's been great since.

Argh.. Durango's for some reason ( as with most first gen Hemi's ) have a very bad problem with their valve seats. They tend to over heat, wearing out the valve seats and the valves drop, resulting in busted pistons from valve/piston clashing. I like the Durango's a lot actually, and still want one for a daily driver. The T-case sucks and the trans WILL die eventually. I do all my own work, so I don't care, but for the average owner it sucks. A trans service is not enough to save it since most people never even get that done sadly enough. I am not aware of how they do it in the Durango, but in the 300/Charger/Magnum they swap out the T-stat for a 180 and change out the fan settings. A lot of guys drop valves in the first gens (05-08), it's nothing new.

Rods are strong, pistons are fair ( not boost friendly )due to it's thin top ring landings but for a stock car it does not matter. Hypereutectic pistons, common for everyday cars. I personally love the Durango's, especially the 1st gens... 5.9 is a beast, 4.7 just as quick!

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Always wondered how accurate this kinda stuff is?
lol three tenths and two mph from an updated software is pretty conservative. The gas needle literally DROPS with every WOT pull. It certainly feels a lot faster in Auto-Stick mode with me shifting at 6200 rpm's ( stock is 5785). I uploaded a Data-Log of 1/4 mile, 0-60 and highway WOT pulls to be sent out to my tuner over the weekend to see what's going on with my fuel/spark/AF. I have a feeling being a factory "Sport Mode" tune, it's still running pretty rich. Hoping to lean it out some and maybe another 5hp (??). On the SRT Engine gauge, at 6200 and WOT, it shows I am making 435hp/crank. It certainly feels much better than stock, which I traded in back in 2012 for an 09 due to lack of tuning back then. My '13 feels bus lengths faster than my '12 with a 3200 stall, stock tune.

I have a 392 intake manifold ( 20whp/35wtrq.) with short/long runners as well as either long tubes or shorty's next, along with an upgraded valve body. If that does not crack into the 12's, then I'll do the 392 cam (30whp).

Last edited by stealth_GT; 02-27-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:03 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=bluebeastsrt;8467835]Always wondered how accurate this kinda stuff is?[/QUOTEmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by buster; 02-27-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Explosive

I never trust these apps.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:55 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

It certainly feels much faster than it was and it was a free firmware update for my shift kit, so I am happy

I'll compare times this summer at the real track with actual slips. That 0-60 sure does feel like it's 4.6 seconds though.. the AWD, 3000 stall and 400+lbs./trq is amazing in this car. My 08 Supercharged with 4.10's and 500whp before I sold it.. good god that car was scary to launch. It would shred the tires all the way up to 80 if I just nailed it off the line. I didn't like that very much lol
Old 02-28-2015, 11:03 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
They are but it's more than welcome during our long harsh winters. It weighs and feels like a tank taking up two lanes driving it down the highway lol. Oddly enough, with it's electronic steering, it feels very light on it's toes. The way I modded the trans and tuned the engine, it sure feels like a little sports car more so than a nearly 5,000 lb. sedan lol

Stock trim, it was just horrible performance wise. I like beating the crap out of stock RT's running 14's at the track
Old 02-28-2015, 03:50 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
I never trust these apps.
Thats what I was getting at" I remember when the IPhones first came out and they had a Mobil dyno app. My buddy had an e46 M3 that he was sure was going to run 13 flat because his phone said it would. Then when he ran a 13.8 after telling everyone he had a 13 flat car he felt silly. Not saying your cars not fast stealth. Just that I don't trust these calculator app any more than an on line calculator.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:05 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol yeah, I figure the Vehicle speed sensor readings & ripping the tires loose as hard as I can from a dead stop sending out a false reading does not count as a true 1/4 mile time

I have some mods on the way, so a true 13.0 is more than welcome.. it's proven to be very difficult in dropping times in my '13 (4,485 lbs.) compared to my 09 ( 4,289) was...

Quick Reply: 13.0@104mph :D.. kinda lol