MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   Street Action Tonight (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/722104-street-action-tonight.html)

Explosive 09-27-2015 08:02 PM

Street Action Tonight

So, went out to a car meet/cruise today. Friend just got a tune and downpipe. Needs an intercooler on average he was running 100 degrees hotter than ambient thing was all kinds of heat soaked. We made a roll and dig run, hung with it on the roll and dig much to my surprise and his also. I've got half a cold air,motor mount, shift cable bracket bushings and short shift plate and an axleback. He has Shift bracket bushings, shifter base bushings, motor mount, catless DP and tune

There is a long story to this omega. The guys an old hillbilly prick who thinks nothing can touch him. He once kicked in the door of a grand national... It was very spur of the moment this was all the video i got. Warning language when we get to the traffic light. Enjoy

Stone629 09-27-2015 08:55 PM

Did you post the right vid? Cause he was way ahead of you racing an old Nova, Nova left everyone then you caught up and passed the tuned ST?

Explosive 09-27-2015 09:04 PM

Thats the one, i didnt get the two of us on video we were just messing around

its one of these guys, olds omega

Stone629 09-27-2015 09:24 PM

Ah, gotcha! Any idea who he got his tune from?

Explosive 09-27-2015 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stone629 (Post 8509964)
Ah, gotcha! Any idea who he got his tune from?

His tune is from dead hook motorsports, newer small local place. I think he might have killed his turbo. We stopped after the runs and at idle he was putting out some decent oily clouds from the exhaust

88 orangepeel notch 09-28-2015 08:11 AM

That think hooked and was gone, very impressive for a hillbilly prick lol.

Explosive 09-28-2015 08:49 AM

His kid got a side view from a point and shoot. Makes it look a bit slower, i spun all of first and he said first and second was useless for him. Based on other local guys who have ran the car it sounds like a low 12 high 11 car. I'd like to run him from a dig with my car most local dudes want a roll which he wont give.

Stone629 09-28-2015 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Explosive (Post 8509967)
His tune is from dead hook motorsports, newer small local place. I think he might have killed his turbo. We stopped after the runs and at idle he was putting out some decent oily clouds from the exhaust

That tune might of been what got his turbo. There's a threshold as far as overheating the turbo goes. FRPP points it out in their tuning description and advertises that they stay within that limit.

Anyway, good runs. That old Chevy is definitely putting down some power. It'll be interesting to see how your Mach does against it when you get it done.

Explosive 09-28-2015 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stone629 (Post 8510033)
That tune might of been what got his turbo. There's a threshold as far as overheating the turbo goes. FRPP points it out in their tuning description and advertises that they stay within that limit.

Anyway, good runs. That old Chevy is definitely putting down some power. It'll be interesting to see how your Mach does against it when you get it done.

Yea, im curious just to see what my pile does in general lol.

Interesting about the turbo i have looked at their tune before and had never noticed that note ill have to look for it and read up. We made the runs, stopped and hes like is that your clutch or mine? Neither its your oil lol.

stealth_GT 09-28-2015 07:35 PM

That Nova hauls ass lol :D

What car is the chase car? been out of the loop for awhile. Kept up pretty good for a chase car vs the ST...