Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

14 GT 6m vs G8

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 02:35 AM
MaxxRPM
1st Gear Member

Default 14 GT 6m vs G8

Just out cruising tonite in Mexico, I came across a G8 that wanted to play as much as me....(cool). I know nothing of his mods but it wasn't stock (this is chevy land, they never are). Sounded mean...lol. We honk off at about 30 and we were dead even till we shut down about (I was at the top of 5th on a 3.31 car)...........Sweet run for both. I was astatic, he turned off.... I turn around next exit down and we meet up again....
.......One more time! He honks off about 30 and we were dead even again but this time I blew the 4th to 5th shift (fricken stock MT82 shifter....lol) and he pulls away.........THEN I get my thumbs up from him.......LOL! But it's cool!.......Good times!
Love this car. It's a stockish, base model with very minor mods (GT500 axel backs, K&N drop in CAI, and a canned SCT tune.........That's all.
First G8 I've ever ran. I've came across a couple before in my 2V but it would have been bad for me....LOL!.......That's all I got. Carry on!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:33 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the runs, you gotta love a good close race between two evenly matched cars.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:33 PM
MaxxRPM
1st Gear Member

Seen this guy around some more. Haven't talked to him but I'm pretty sure this is a full on H,C,I build. Not only sounds like it but has the drag wheels (big and littles) and everything to play the part. I'm still stoked my stock looking, basically stock 5.0 ran door to door with this guy.
..........I'm stoked with the way this things been running period. Check it out:
Ran door to door with 07-09 GT500,
Pulled another coyote with atleast axle backs,
Even left some Bimmer and Subi Turbos scatching their heads, insisting they normally beat 5.0s (yeah, right lol!).
Sounds like I'm bragging but really I'm just happy/impressed with this car.....

.......To even the scale, I've also had 3 losses;
6 gen Camaro SS. I started in too high a gear (car still new to me) but I don't think it would have matter.........Would've still lost.
5 gen Camaro SS. I'll just say not stock. Jumped out half a car on me and held it to the end.
S550. Also not stock. Very loud and very bad............
..........I need a camera. Like you guys, I would much rather be watching these events instead of reading about them.