Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

This is the crap I can't stand....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 04:44 AM
TalonTSi
1st Gear Member

Default This is the crap I can't stand....

Ok, so as you all know, "Pony Killer" was a name given to my car back when I first got it. Its a little more than just a PonyKiller now. The other day I drove down to Parker, CO to my dyno. I did 2 pulls, didnt adjust any fuel, timing, etc. Untuned, I put down 380whp, 380 torque @ 17psi on pump gas. Keep in mind, the wastegate spring I had in was a .65bar.......needless to say, I bought the .9bar spring so that I could run more than 17psi. So, I put in the spring, and had to leave to come back home...didnt get a chance to turn up the boost, or tune. Im on I-25, and a 05 GT comes railin' up behind me. I dont know what he had done to it, but it had at least an aftermarket exhaust. He then tried to pull away from me....at 70mph....and I blew by him like he was standing still. By the time I shifted into 4th (95mph) I was 3 cars in front of him. I slowed down to about 55 or 60, he then did a ricer-fly by and got off at the next exit. I followed him to the gas station, got out and asked him if he wanted to go again. He told me that my car was a peice of ****, and that no matter what I do to my 4 popper, I will never stomp him out...but he wouldnt run me after that.

...WTF? I love mustangs, but the stereo typical V8 owner that wont back up their ****-talking just agrivates me. I have 3 mustangs in my car club:
1996 Mystic Cobra: C&L intake, chip, NX 100 shot wet-kit
1996 GT: ATI D1-SC procharger kit, 3:73s, 3" MAC cat-back, bla bla bla Reichart intake mani, etc
1994 GT: 3" cat-back, BBK intake, 70mm TB, Etc

All of these guys are my best friends, and we dont care one way or another that Im the only one with a 4 cylinder. A fast car is a fast car in my book.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:50 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: This is the crap I can't stand....

hell.. thats a turboed and light car you have. probably gets out of its own way... haha. is it the awd or the fwd? i cant tell from the name of it.

yea, alot of mustang people think they have the fastest car in the world cause they just threw mufflers on it. thats the sad thing in life... good numbers and good kill man.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:57 AM
TalonTSi
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

hell.. thats a turboed and light car you have. probably gets out of its own way... haha. is it the awd or the fwd? i cant tell from the name of it.

yea, alot of mustang people think they have the fastest car in the world cause they just threw mufflers on it. thats the sad thing in life... good numbers and good kill man.
Thanks man, I just cant wait till I get out of school. Im planning on getting an 03, 04 cobra for playin on the weekends! Then I can say I have a fast 4 banger...and a fast V8! woot. Sorry, Im FWD...and dont get any traction till I hit 4th. But, some Nitto 555s will hopefully help a little!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a pretty cool car... I would love to line up against something like that... that would be a hell of a race lol
Old 12-26-2005, 07:16 AM
roughneck9725
1st Gear Member

I hate people with that attitude. Its the "ricer" attitude, regardless of the car they drive. The "my car will smoke all, but I lost because (insert excuse here)." Good kill. I love people who put the time and effort to make thier car perform better, regardless of make. Now if I could just run into you, we would have a race....
Old 12-26-2005, 09:28 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

one of the baddest cars i have ever seen come out the hole was a talon awd, that was in louisville at the street races. (midnight metalic blue)cool color. that car was vicious! good kill
Old 12-26-2005, 11:56 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

tsi's are no joke. too bad they aren't the most reliable things in the world.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:30 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

thats gay... he probboly thought his mustang was unbeatable.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Lee Willis
2nd Gear Member

Any time you march to a different drummer you are going to have a lot of people who misunderstand. Face it: not to many people know about or care about your car and its potential. And a lot of people are not open minded: I love 'em all, like you, but many people seem to have (and want to retain) really closed minds when it comes to cars.

But the pleasure you get is that you can often really surprise folks, and that has to be fun in its own way.

I'm curious if you have had any durability problems with your front suspension, half/shafts/bearings, etc?

Nice car.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:48 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

his comments were stupid indeed, maybe he just found it annoying to be followed around for a race, i know i would.

Quick Reply: This is the crap I can't stand....