Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

First kill in the STI (a weak one)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:31 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Default First kill in the STI (a weak one)

Met up with some of my friends for dinner the other night down in Harrisonburg, VA where I used to go to school. I was driving a friend of mine home who had been drinking a little. If anyone is familiar with H'burg or JMU (you probably aren't), Main Street passes right next to campus and has like 7 stoplights all in a row with very little distance in between.

It's kind of late, traffic is light and the cops are heavy.

I'm talking to my friend, when he mentions that there's a "riced out Civic with some kind of body kit" next to me revving. I really couldn't tell because of the deafening sound of my exhaust, but sure enough there he was. So typical of the poorly done car too. HUGE *** A-pillar gauges, including a ginormous indiglo tachometer and 2 or 3 other gauges, at least one of which was probably a clock. As you know I'm all for performance cars of every make and model, especially sleepers... but it's tough not to laugh at one that was as poorly done as this one.

So right, this kid is slipping his clutch, inching forward at the light. The light turns green and I proceed normally, not really wanting to get involved with the fuzz because this kid thinks his car can hang with ~400awhp =p. So the next light comes up, same deal. Slipping clutch, inching forward. This time he punches it and jumps like one and a half carlengths ahead of me, which is no huge feat really since I was proceeding normally from the stoplight.

Two stoplights later after the same asshattery, I gave up. I decided to show him some exhaust flames if that's the only thing it will take to leave me alone. He creeps forward at the light, the light turns green and I proceed normally... then slam the gas. Needless to say I was quickly 3 gears and about 10 carlengths ahead. I slowed down to see if he'd try to flyby, but I think he may have made a right turn somewhere to go kill himself.

Sorry that wasn't that interesting or challenging =/ I really never street race, especially to high speeds, but everyone has their limits. I just wish it had been something more interesting. Civic4doorsleeper, you're not far away in Lynchburg... we'll have to meet up and go cruising sometime if you're ever up in the area =D

Old 01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
outlaw01GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: First kill in the STI (a weak one)

I like the part where he made that right turn to go kill himself hahaha

and putting an idiot in their place is always a good kill...nicely done

you'll have to bring that baby by the shop sometime if you still want any parts powder coated just let me know
Old 01-23-2006, 07:05 PM
TorchV6
4th Gear Member

Nice kill
Old 01-23-2006, 07:18 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Fun kill. I'd pay for that opportunity.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:57 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

made a right to go kill himself hahaha....good kill
Old 01-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Very nice kill. Hahahhahaa good to put those guys in their place.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

way to show him what a real import is...
Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

hahaha! JMU is the shaznat for rice! it's worse than GMU.

when he says quickly through 3 gears, he means QUICKLY. that thing revs so fast, i nearly shat my pants.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WRXtranceformed

Met up with some of my friends for dinner the other night down in Harrisonburg, VA where I used to go to school. I was driving a friend of mine home who had been drinking a little. If anyone is familiar with H'burg or JMU (you probably aren't), Main Street passes right next to campus and has like 7 stoplights all in a row with very little distance in between.

It's kind of late, traffic is light and the cops are heavy.

I'm talking to my friend, when he mentions that there's a "riced out Civic with some kind of body kit" next to me revving. I really couldn't tell because of the deafening sound of my exhaust, but sure enough there he was. So typical of the poorly done car too. HUGE *** A-pillar gauges, including a ginormous indiglo tachometer and 2 or 3 other gauges, at least one of which was probably a clock. As you know I'm all for performance cars of every make and model, especially sleepers... but it's tough not to laugh at one that was as poorly done as this one.

So right, this kid is slipping his clutch, inching forward at the light. The light turns green and I proceed normally, not really wanting to get involved with the fuzz because this kid thinks his car can hang with ~400awhp =p. So the next light comes up, same deal. Slipping clutch, inching forward. This time he punches it and jumps like one and a half carlengths ahead of me, which is no huge feat really since I was proceeding normally from the stoplight.

Two stoplights later after the same asshattery, I gave up. I decided to show him some exhaust flames if that's the only thing it will take to leave me alone. He creeps forward at the light, the light turns green and I proceed normally... then slam the gas. Needless to say I was quickly 3 gears and about 10 carlengths ahead. I slowed down to see if he'd try to flyby, but I think he may have made a right turn somewhere to go kill himself.
Sorry that wasn't that interesting or challenging =/ I really never street race, especially to high speeds, but everyone has their limits. I just wish it had been something more interesting. Civic4doorsleeper, you're not far away in Lynchburg... we'll have to meet up and go cruising sometime if you're ever up in the area =D

Might be new sig time. Nice kill
Old 01-24-2006, 12:58 PM
MaSTi
2nd Gear Member

Awesome kill man. Are you running alky in that thing? Ugghhh, now I really want an aftermarket turbo.[:@] At least I finally go protuned.

Quick Reply: First kill in the STI (a weak one)