Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

New Suspension- Can't Wait!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 PM
V6Stang93
1st Gear Member

Got it finished today!
First impressions: It's soooooooo much better! Hugs the ground in all situations. Absolutely amazing.

Ill give a better description after I get a proper alignment and take it AXing this coming weekend.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by V6Stang93
Got it finished today!
First impressions: It's soooooooo much better! Hugs the ground in all situations. Absolutely amazing.

Ill give a better description after I get a proper alignment and take it AXing this coming weekend.
AWESOME!!! Can't wait to hear how it works out for you. I'm doing the same thing with my '06 GT as we speak. CAN NOT WAIT to get to the track!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
V6Stang93
1st Gear Member

Ha me either! Its this Sunday! I can't believe the difference I've felt from just driving it this week. Its like a completely different car.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Update???
Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 PM
V6Stang93
1st Gear Member

Sorry!!! Been real busy with school and all!
Over all..... This thing has turned into a Sports Car!!! Not just a grocery getter.

Daily Driving differences:

I have to say the largest difference is the bumpsteer. Mine must have been absoutley Sh!@y because when I hit a bump the steering wheel would jerk left or right. Now I didn't realize this was wrong because that is how I received the car. But now the steering wheel doesn't even flinch when hitting a big bump.

The ride is pretty harsh, but not to the point where I can't drive it as a DD, but I deffinatly would NOT want to take it out on a long road trip.

On the Track:

Well ha.... This thing was completely different obviously! Steeing response is sooooo much sharper. It took corners with ease and there is very little suspension travel due to the stiffness of the springs.
I was keeping up with the new 2011 WRX. Now granted this has a lot to do with driver skill, but this was only my second event so I'm no expert

Over all the car performed wonderfully! completely different car!
Now I got to get the diver to perform wonderfully too

The Install took me the whole weekend, but I wasn't really rushing anything plus there was rust.......LOADS of RUST
Other than that it went pretty smoothly.

I can take some pics if you guys want
Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Excellent

Always nice to see the corner capture another unsuspecting driver and carve him into the fold
Old 05-28-2012, 02:09 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Sorry!!! Been real busy with school and all!
Over all..... This thing has turned into a Sports Car!!! Not just a grocery getter.

Daily Driving differences:

I have to say the largest difference is the bumpsteer. Mine must have been absoutley Sh!@y because when I hit a bump the steering wheel would jerk left or right. Now I didn't realize this was wrong because that is how I received the car. But now the steering wheel doesn't even flinch when hitting a big bump.

The ride is pretty harsh, but not to the point where I can't drive it as a DD, but I deffinatly would NOT want to take it out on a long road trip.

On the Track:

Well ha.... This thing was completely different obviously! Steeing response is sooooo much sharper. It took corners with ease and there is very little suspension travel due to the stiffness of the springs.
I was keeping up with the new 2011 WRX. Now granted this has a lot to do with driver skill, but this was only my second event so I'm no expert

Over all the car performed wonderfully! completely different car!
Now I got to get the diver to perform wonderfully too

The Install took me the whole weekend, but I wasn't really rushing anything plus there was rust.......LOADS of RUST
Other than that it went pretty smoothly.

I can take some pics if you guys want
Excellent report! In for the pics.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM
V6Stang93
1st Gear Member

Hey Sharad, my LCA's have been making a noise ever since I Put them on. Its sort of a creaking noise that occurs anytime the suspension travels up or down. At first I thought they just needed to be broken in but since its been a couple weeks and it hasn't gone away I'm figuring its something else. I read the smittys thread and its kind of like his noise, but like I said before, its more of a creak and its on both sides of the vehicle.

A couple of thoughts.
1) length of LCA?
2) Needs new Bolts? Mine are rusted out so bad its ridiculous
3) Bad hemi joint? I find it hard to believe both hemi joint are bad though.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Does one end of your LCAs feature polyurethane bushings?

(That stuff works well enough in combination with a rod end at the other end of each LCA, but is notorious for generating squeaks, creaks, and groans.)

I'm not familiar with the thread you mentioned. Got a link?

Norm
Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Hey Sharad, my LCA's have been making a noise ever since I Put them on. Its sort of a creaking noise that occurs anytime the suspension travels up or down. At first I thought they just needed to be broken in but since its been a couple weeks and it hasn't gone away I'm figuring its something else. I read the smittys thread and its kind of like his noise, but like I said before, its more of a creak and its on both sides of the vehicle.

A couple of thoughts.
1) length of LCA?
2) Needs new Bolts? Mine are rusted out so bad its ridiculous
3) Bad hemi joint? I find it hard to believe both hemi joint are bad though.

Any thoughts?

More often than not, creaking poly bushings are a sign that they need to be lubricated, using synthetic grease. The first step here is to ensure that they are well lubricated. Then we can take it from there.

Fwiw, I bought a tub of Castrol synthetic grease at Advanced for like five bucks or so.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Suspension- Can't Wait!