Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Eibach Sports or Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:28 PM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default Eibach Sports or Pro

I ordered a set of Eibach Pro springs but now wondering if I should have ordered the Sports? I have a 2011 Gt500 & not sure if the Pros will look good or if the Sports will be too low? Anyone have any advice? Thanks
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

The Pros don't go very low, didn't know that they made a set for the GT500 the sportlines are the more aggressive drop with 2.0 in the back where the pro's only drop it 1.5 in the back. But those drops are on a GT coupe, the Boss drop rates are even less significant with only a 1.0 drop in the back. Not sure how much these springs will drop you car. You might ask in the tech section for gt500's might be able to get more info or do a forum search.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:19 AM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Sports look better because they are lower. However, you will probably need more parts to accompany said springs (shocks, struts, camber plates) because of quicker wear. Also, speedbumps and driveways might start hating you. Pro's are mild drop and can be used with the OEM hardware (camber bolts might come in handy) but since the drop is not too significant (probably should of came this way OEM) you can still clear pretty much anything in your way.

Good luck.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 PM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangingAround
Sports look better because they are lower. However, you will probably need more parts to accompany said springs (shocks, struts, camber plates) because of quicker wear. Also, speedbumps and driveways might start hating you. Pro's are mild drop and can be used with the OEM hardware (camber bolts might come in handy) but since the drop is not too significant (probably should of came this way OEM) you can still clear pretty much anything in your way.

Good luck.
One more quick question. If I was just to buy the complete adjustable coilover set including shocks & struts would I be bettr off this way? Hate to put on a set of springs just to have to take them rite back off again. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:54 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DIMEBAG6025
One more quick question. If I was just to buy the complete adjustable coilover set including shocks & struts would I be bettr off this way? Hate to put on a set of springs just to have to take them rite back off again. Thanks for the help!
If your wallet agrees then the coilover setup is DEFINITELY the way to go.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
13pony
1st Gear Member

Wow! I've had more than one Shelby, and can't imagine just droppin' it for looks.....go with a real set of suspension parts cause the ones you have are made to work together like clockwork. If it's not too late rethink all this and start with a new slate....
Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

Stick with the pro springs, the sportlines ride like crap on the Shelby's.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

If price isn't a problem you could always go airbags. There are a couple of guys with gt500's that have em.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

Yes! I have v3s on my car. They are a much better system than any shock spring combo. I have driven s197s with konis and tokico. The coil overs are superior
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Look into coilovers a little more and the way they work. You will no longer have the "traditional" shock and strut with springs.. It's an all in one type package that relocates the placement and adds the ability to adjust more and have a much much better handling ride.. There are levels though, and the higher up you go the worse your ride gets in a comfort sense.

Originally Posted by StangingAround
If your wallet agrees then the coilover setup is DEFINITELY the way to go.
This

Originally Posted by 13pony
Wow! I've had more than one Shelby, and can't imagine just droppin' it for looks.....go with a real set of suspension parts cause the ones you have are made to work together like clockwork. If it's not too late rethink all this and start with a new slate....
This

Originally Posted by silverstang23
Yes! I have v3s on my car. They are a much better system than any shock spring combo. I have driven s197s with konis and tokico. The coil overs are superior
And this..

It's pretty much what I was trying to get at in your other thread.. If you want appearance and that's it and don't have the budget to do the coilovers or at the very least a strut and spring, then do the lowering springs. However, coilovers are far more superior. But pricier.. I would just save up and wait if I were you. I've made the mistake before and doing what you're thinking and regretted it and ended up spending more money down the road to replace them.

Quick Reply: Eibach Sports or Pro