MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://mustangforums.com/forum/suspension-152/)
-   -   Ford Racing Handling Package w/ K or Y springs, 2016 Mustang Gt. Better choice? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/suspension/722033-ford-racing-handling-package-w-k-or-y-springs-2016-mustang-gt-better-choice.html)

mungodrums 09-23-2015 09:07 PM

Ford Racing Handling Package w/ K or Y springs, 2016 Mustang Gt. Better choice?

I am interested in getting a 2016 Mustang Gt 5.0 with six speed automatic. No more manual for me, leg nerve issues, lower back also. Anyways. I am thinking of ordering car with perforated leather seats and 19x8.5 wheels all around. Of course blue color. Car does not have performance package being an automatic. Interestingly the ecoboost auto is available with performance package, what gives? I am trying to decide between the 2015-2016 Ford Racing Handling Packages. One is a track pack with I believe the X springs and the other pack I believe is called the Street Handling Package which I believe includes the Y springs. Now car will be used for Mostly street driving / corner carving with maybe beginner 1-3x a year hpde, road racing fun. It appears that both packages have the same components except springs, is this right? Which would be a better match for my goals? Is the track pack springs too stiff, how do they compare to the current performance package in terms of compliance, harshness, etc? Also, Ford Racing does not appear to make a package with adjustable shocks / struts for the current car. Are the fixed shocks and struts decent but not too harsh? Of course eventually I would get good pads and summer tires all around. Ger.

Robertatl123 02-09-2016 07:58 AM

I quickly glanced at both. It looks like the Street does not include dampeners in the kit. This would indicate the Street uses softer springs in order to preserve the OE shocks and struts.

I would suggest you take the car to a local autocross or performance driving school and see how it handles. I've known several people who like how the car drives stock in autocross. I would not go to anything too track-like for your purposes. Some of those suspensions can be really harsh and may hurt your back.

If you decide on doing lowering the care and HPDE ; I would recommend you get camber plates and better brake pads. The camber plates to improve hard cornering and the pads because the stock ones will get destroyed on a race track.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert

proeagles 02-09-2016 09:05 AM

I am doing the same thing as you and according to Ford Racing the Street pack, MA, is the set up used on the performance package on the 6 speed, the track pack, M8, has stiffer springs. Both packs are complete, new shocks, sway bars, etc. If installed by a ASE certified mechanic or Ford dealer, you retain the full warranty. Installation is charged at 5 hours plus alignment. I'm getting my stuff from CJ Pony parts. I'm also adding the Ford Racing Borla touring cat back.