MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Forums (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums-34/)
-   -   SVT Questions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums/182282-svt-questions.html)

JandD94 09-19-2006 10:20 PM

SVT Questions

Hi All,

We just traded our 01 v6 vert for a low mi, triple black 96 Cobra vert that we want to restore (it doesn't need much) and I have a couple questions.

1 The SVT decal has been peeled off the valve cover. Is it possible to get another one?
2 The SVT certificate is missing, did the 96s come with one? If so, can I get another one?
3 It seems everyone knows their Cobra is #XXXX. How do I find this out or is this related to the above?

It came with the manual, the SVT supplement and even the Ford Audio Tape. (go figure)
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Silver01Stang 09-19-2006 11:54 PM

RE: SVT Questions

I would call 1-800-FORD-SVT and give them your VIN. I think it's like 30 bucks to get your build certificate. They can also give you your build number and date. They may be able to order you one of those stickers.

JandD94 09-20-2006 12:24 AM

Thank you. I went to svt.ford.com looking for info and everything is GT500.

7arpad7 09-20-2006 12:32 AM

Everyone that I know that got the info that you are looking for had to call Ford to get it... I am not sure if you can replace the plaque on the valve cover though... I think that you are out of luck on that one. The reason being that if you had a remanufactured engine in there, they/you would not be able to prove it one way or the other...

zincsvtcobra 09-20-2006 12:51 AM

Try 50resto.com for the plaque. They are Texas based and have so much restoration, performance, etc parts. You can get a free catalog from them. I'll find mine and see if I can get a price/part #. Are you talking about the Cobra emblem on the intake manifold?

JandD94 09-20-2006 01:54 PM

Yes, I will call Ford soon.

No it is not the intake, the SVT emblem on the valve cover the is signed by the builders. Maybe I can get one from a wrecked car.

Many thanks to all for such quick replies.

JandD94 09-20-2006 02:58 PM

Thank you all!

Our certificate is on the way. You were right about the valve cover decal. The stamp is no more. But, maybe I can get one off a wreck. While I was at it I joined the SVTOA.

jaystang98 09-20-2006 04:18 PM

so u called a ford dealer to get ur certificate? and how much was it?
thanks

JandD94 09-20-2006 04:47 PM

No, I called 1-800 fordsvt. The guy immediately gave me the production info. The certificat cost $40 for non SVTOA members and $30 for members. SVTOA membership was free due to being close to the end of the year and I signed up right over the phone. All I needed beyond payment was the last 6 digits of the vin.