MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Forums (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums-34/)
-   -   Mods........ (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums/183174-mods.html)

BCobra03 09-21-2006 09:09 PM

Mods........

Hey guys im a newbie to the forums as I just picked up my 1st Cobra last night.....I bought this car for its performance stock and am wondering what are the easy mods or the 1st mods I should start out with and is there a good source to get them from? Thanks for the help!! It is a 2003 Cobra..............

Blownsvt 09-22-2006 01:15 AM

RE: Mods........

well your first few mods should be, exhaust, intake pullies, tune, heat exchanger, and a set of drag radials. as far as exhaust goes zzi have a magnaflow cat back and a prochamber, i personally like the jlt intakes, for pullies I suggest going to billet flow. i have a fluidyne HE, but there are others to choose from. and i ust the sct xcalibrator 2 for the tune, but i would look and see what local shops in you area use for tuning before you buy a tuner.

zincsvtcobra 09-22-2006 04:37 AM

Congrats on your Cobra!!! Blownsvt has it right with the mods. A pulley and tuner will be the best mod, but it's HIGHLY recommended that you get an upgraded HE with it. The extra revs from the S/C will create alot of heat, which is the #1 or 2 killer of an engine. Fluidyne, AFCO, and LFP make great ones, but AFCO's are constantly on back order. A catback will unleash lots of power and the sound alone is worth the money and you can install one by yourself at home. It took me an hour by myself with minimal tool throwing and cursing. An intake will give you some more horses and the whine from the S/C will have everyone'e head turning. It's awsome as they look at you like "What the f**K". JLT seems to be the top choice and can order it in factory colors. Of course, don't forget about the suspension and wheel hop. Steeda sells a "No wheel hop" kit for $224.00 and comes with various braces, diff cover, and bushings. They told me it cures 90% of the wheel hop. Congrats again and get us some pics!

freewilly 09-22-2006 01:47 PM

heads up with the new cobra man ,,you going to love it, single blade t/bodyand plemun,k/n fipk air fiter, i got a c/l inlet pipe,with big air #2400, when i had just a 2.75 blower pulley ,to start with it sounded awsome, you cant keep your foot out of it , the whine is awsome!!! when you see someone next to you stareing at you , you want them to hear it .:D the exhast is a must stock cobra got 6 cat's on it , dont worrie about the mils elimators you can get them turned off with a chip or by hand helder tuner, iam not a big fan of hand held tuners,cause you got to know what your doing , most tunes in them are not really safe, i got a chip from www.jmschip.com with the set up above, they hit the tune on the nose!!! ,now i got ported eaton and a 6 lb lower, with a 3.0in.upper, i got to get tuned next thursday by jms. they can get you everything you need. call them! shane or monty.

BCobra03 09-22-2006 03:41 PM

Thanks for the help so far guys......im looking into some of the parts you have all suggested. Are they any good websites to order this stuff from?

GTPGuy 09-22-2006 04:52 PM

Hey Bcobra03...

Check out Magnaflow's website. You can hear some of the clips for the exhaust...

[edit] by the way how much did you pay, what color, and how many miles. I'd like to buy one either next summer or the summer after that... I'd like to find one under 40000 for around $18,000

BCobra03 09-22-2006 05:29 PM

Ill post some pics of it when I get around to it but it is a 03 Sonic Blue coupe 19000 miles on it and I bought it for 23800 which i think I did pretty well on the price for the miles that are on the car. The car was well maintained garaged and never driven in any kind of weather or so he told me......but, I would eat off the bottom of it very clean car. Plus it is stock bone stock never touched.

zincsvtcobra 09-22-2006 07:04 PM

I like RPMOUTLET.COM for their prices, but their service sucks. If you order online and they dont have the part, they wont contact you. My #1 source for parts is at drag race events like FFW, NMRA, WFC. Vendors usually discount their prices. Check out Muscle Musangs and Fast Fords and 5.0 Mustang magazines for lots of sellers and also this main pages list of sponsors. Where are you located?

GTPGuy 09-22-2006 07:05 PM

Dude for sure that's a good deal. I saw more than one SVT 03-04 on Auto Trader with the same amount of miles you have going for over $30000.

Good deal.

freewilly 09-22-2006 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: zincsvtcobra

I like RPMOUTLET.COM for their prices, but their service sucks. If you order online and they dont have the part, they wont contact you. My #1 source for parts is at drag race events like FFW, NMRA, WFC. Vendors usually discount their prices. Check out Muscle Musangs and Fast Fords and 5.0 Mustang magazines for lots of sellers and also this main pages list of sponsors. Where are you located?
hey zin. you like there return policy?? haha! i hate them , there the onlt place that had everything i needed in stock. there rep's are a big joke! they sold my my E KIT OPTION and the sct tuner onlt had a tune for exhast and cai come to find out. that would have blown my motor up. also the lower pulley i got for it . i tryed like hell to get my money back from them they played stuipd, they told me to put a washer behind it. cause the belt was walking of the lower pulley. it fixed it. but they could have had that in the instructions. you think? i ll never order from them ever again . sayong at ext226 dont know crap.