6th Gear Member

Default RE: Which is faster???

My car... [8D]

but i'll go with the cobra... [:-]
Old 10-01-2006, 12:17 PM
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

The 96-98 4V Cobras are faster,but the 94-95[and maybe 93]5.0 Cobras are a little slower.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:40 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

The clicky no worky in your poll....
Old 10-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Vette_driver

O sorry lol fixed it hopefully lol thanks and im not really counting the 5.0 lol sorry ill edit that. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

yea but the 94-95 cobras cuz of the 5.0 are easier to work on and the parts are alot cheaper so u can kinda make it pretty fast alot cheaper then a 96-98 cobra.. i would know.. that **** gets a tad expensive.. ok well as all new cobra owners would know lol..

also those years GTs can actually keep up down low with the sn95 cobras.. which sucks but... hey its a cobra and they react well to mods lol.. cept the stupid *** heads..
Old 10-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Vette_driver

lol...well i was just wondering because im in highschool and theres this kid there with a red 2002 Muustang GT. I mean it's a nice car and it sounds good but the only thing he has done to it SUPPOSEDLY is "tuned" headers, No catalytic converters, and no mufflers...It sounds mean. He whooped my vettes *** real bad...lol...I know he has an cold air intake(K&N)...one of his buddys admitted that but wow I just wanted to know so when I get a cobra what to do to win so he cant say anything. LOL. He has after market rims but I dont consider that really a mod. So yea thanks guys...
Old 10-01-2006, 09:29 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

He whooped your vette? Ummmm...what year vette is it? It must be like, a 80's vette then right? Late 90's were the LS1, which would kill the GT, and mid/early 90's were LT1(i believe) which should still be able to beat a GT. If he killed your vette and your vette is lae 90's or newer, then id try to figure out what he has exactly.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Vette_driver

He wont let anyone near his car and wont pop the hood. Hes got double limo tint on the whole car and the big strip on the front so no one can sneak a good peak inside either. His look mods are cobra rims, black out tail lights, xenon headlights lowered front and back, racing stripe, after market exaust tips, Bf goodrich G force tires, fresh paint job, then the intake no mufflers no cats tuned headers and intake. Its a manual tranny so he prolly has a racing clutch short throw shifter, possibly gears, no turbo for sure because i never hear a blow off valve, pulleys, i cant figure it out lol and my vettes the L-98 with a intake, motors been rebuilt rebuilt tranny, Mach pulleys, gutted cats, true dual, flowmasters 40 new suspension, Mild weight reduction, and a few other cheap mods. I mean but yea my cars alot more aerodynamic and lighter so i have no idea. Thats another reason I want a Cobra, Hop it up and get it looking good lol whoop everyone out there. Theres this tuning shop bout 10 minutes from my house www.fastfordcom. They do everything on mustangs. Deal with all the big ones. I have seen saleens, bullits, roushes, Cobras, GTs there, so yea they must be pretty good. Ima check in with them when I find my cobra do some work myself and see what i can buy from them. Also does the mustang have 6 catalytic converters?? How do I get rid of htem and still pass emissions??? Thanks in advance
Old 10-02-2006, 02:04 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

Depending on what he has done to it........a stock cobra should keep up with it. The stock 01-04 gt's have 260 at the flywheel. The 96-98 cobras have 305. I have a 99 and i smoke gt's all day long stock and with some mods. I even smoked a 93 5.0 with $4,000.00 in mods. The guy asked me if my car was supercharged. Anyway i would go with a 99-01 cobra even though the recalls on the 99 can be fixed with a few minor performance mods....like extrud honed intake, cat back exhaust, and a computer tune. But it sounds to me like he has alot of mods.....and he dosnt want anyone to know.

Quick Reply: Which is faster???