Old 10-05-2006, 02:09 AM
taviontaylon

Default best pulley setup for stock charger

what is the best setup crankshaft of supercharger or a combination of both
Old 10-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: best pulley setup for stock charger

the combination of both is gonna get you the most added power. but it all depends on what you want to do to the car and what you are looking to get out of it.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

well ,, if you want just a tad more power just get 2.93 or 2.80 upper,,,i you go with the set up i got i got a 2.75 upper and a 9.0 in lower, 20psi boost. check my dyno#s out under my sig.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

***** what else did you have to do as far as supporting mods for that? anything yet?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:49 AM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

***** what else did you have to do as far as supporting mods for that? anything yet?
heres my mods . i dont needbigger injectore it this time also fuel pumps are still ok , iam thinking of getting a whipple or k/b now im going for 600/650 rwhp. i will need 60lbs injectors and a b.a.pump. and another dyno tune. any one want to buy my ported / sc ? pm me. im calling around todat for cheapest price's if you got one. maybe this will be a sticky who knows.i'll go first..i got a 03 cobra vert 27k miles, i got bassanai x pipe no cats,borla stinger exhast, stock manifolds still, accufab single blade with polished plemun,C/L inlet tube,a big air #2400 mass air,K/N FIPK filter,2.75 pulley and idler, 20 psi boost,steeda 03/04 sport springs,M/M full length frame connectors,tri axe shifter,and chip from JMS.hilton boost gauge overlay, my next mods are being done now. JMS ported eaton,and a 6lb lower crank pulley. dyno #s are in 490rwhp at 5000 rpms and 576 tq at 3500 rpms . run a 12.85 at 114 mph with goodyear F1's spinnig and wheel hopping 1st and 2nd gear. drag nitto's r's too come next one got 1 pass cause of my vert.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:49 AM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

With an unported (stock) Eaton keep the boost to a max of 15 lbs. Beyond that the blower is inefficient and the law of diminishing returns sets in, as well as increased heat generated as the blower spins faster. With a ported Eaton 16 lbs. is recommended but 17 would be the max IMO, where again you'll run into more heat with minimal increases. Actually the best combo for the ported Eaton is a 2.93 upper with a 4 lb. lower. Just over 16 lbs. of boost with minimal belt slip. Even at this boost level the blower is being overspun by 41% over stock.

Willie, I'm surprised you're getting 20 lbs. boost from your 2.76 upper and 6 lb. lower. It should actually be 18 lbs. A 2.76 with an 8 lb. lower makes just under 19 lbs. boost. What are you other mods?
Old 10-06-2006, 11:18 AM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: CobraBob

With an unported (stock) Eaton keep the boost to a max of 15 lbs. Beyond that the blower is inefficient and the law of diminishing returns sets in, as well as increased heat generated as the blower spins faster. With a ported Eaton 16 lbs. is recommended but 17 would be the max IMO, where again you'll run into more heat with minimal increases. Actually the best combo for the ported Eaton is a 2.93 upper with a 4 lb. lower. Just over 16 lbs. of boost with minimal belt slip. Even at this boost level the blower is being overspun by 41% over stock.

Willie, I'm surprised you're getting 20 lbs. boost from your 2.76 upper and 6 lb. lower. It should actually be 18 lbs. A 2.76 with an 8 lb. lower makes just under 19 lbs. boost. What are you other mods?
THER right above your previous post i held the gauge at the dyno it went to 20 then fell off to 17 with the 2.75 upper , the 3.0 pulley made 17psi droping to 14psi. .im going whipple or k/b now with 18 psi boost. i need more hp.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:29 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

lol Im the same way I always need more hp.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:46 PM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: spray175

lol Im the same way I always need more hp.
im outside trying to get this belt ,for walking off.? rpmoutlet sent me a double bearing idler pulley for lower bracket, i think its still going to come off. i had to file off some of the metco spacer the alt pulley was about .038 to far out not enough to cause a problem i think . well with all this extra work and my 4th belt . if it comes off , im returning the lower kit i got from rpm outlet...i onlt only to get an exchange only..well if i get a credit of 300 bucks , i dont know if ill get the whipple from them or not , there going to have to make me a sweet deal .like pay for my 4 belts i chewwed up and a new hood pad.,,then i would still prob no get it from them ,,dunno?[&:][&:][&:]cause with the whipple i can put my stock lower s/c pulley back on and run a 2.75 for 19 psi cause a 3.00 is not going to clear my 100mm idler up top.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:00 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

You should have took that thing back a long time ago. You've had nothing but problems. I dont know if I would buy a Whipple from them. I know where you can get one for 3k shipped.

Quick Reply: best pulley setup for stock charger