Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:03 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

Default Deal or no DEAL?

04 Cobra, Black...
33k miles, 100k warranty
$24k
Mods- CAI, Flowmaster mufflers, possible pulley swap? (the guy bought it as is, and bought the warranty, didn't touch the car at all, but psi goes WAY past 10 at WOT, normal?)

So is this a good deal or not? I think he is will to throw in some lowering springs he has sitting, but won't budge much on the price...Suggestions?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Deal or no DEAL?

i say it sounds like an alright deal. I doubt he has a pulley because from what i've hear you can bury the stock boost guage with just the CAI. If you did the pulley you would just void the warranty anyways.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:02 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

So how can I check if it has been pullied? THe cover is on it, and he bought it from a dealer, and paid the extra for the 100k warranty cause he was planning on having it for a while...I doubt that he would pulley it himself after shelling out the money for the warranty, yet the dealership told him it was not pullied, and said they measured...When I stab it in second gear, even third, tires break loose a bit, and boost gets pinned ALL the way to the right? Is this standard for stock terminators?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:27 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Look through the pulley guard. See what kind of pulley is on it. If the gauge goes past the 10 its gotta be pullied. An intake wont peg way past the ten. Its got an aftermarket supercharger if it breaks loose in 3rd. Come on be real.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: spray175

Look through the pulley guard. See what kind of pulley is on it. If the gauge goes past the 10 its gotta be pullied. An intake wont peg way past the ten. Its got an aftermarket supercharger if it breaks loose in 3rd. Come on be real.
dealer wouldn't have sold him an 100K warranty if that were the case. It's pullied at most. If my V6 can break loose in second gear in STOCK form, a cobra should have no problem breaking loose in 3rd.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:37 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Ok my cobra has 475 to the wheels and it doesnt break loose in 3rd. Im a liar though. If you dont know what your talking about dont post.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:43 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

Could have been crappy tires, who knows....But definetly breaks loose in 2nd FOR SURE...PSI does go way past 10, almost pins ALL the way to the right...Yet the dealer sold him that 100k warranty, and he claims he hasn't touched the car...I doubt he would waste a 100k warranty, unless you can get away with a pulley swap by putting the original back on? What size should the stock pulley be? And at WOT, where should the psi needle be, normally...Just wondering cause it seems like a good deal....Maybe not?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:51 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

On a stock cobra the boost needle will go to the 10 on the guage. He could have just a lower pulley on the car not an upper. The upper is a 3.65" pulley. I think that sounds like a pretty good deal. Going way past the 10 makes me think it has something other than the mods listed. I had an intake on mine and it didnt really start going past the 10 until I pullied it. Just my thoughts.

Oh and I wasnt questioning 2nd gear, just third seemed alittle far feched. You can spin tires on a stock cobra.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:35 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

yeah sounds to me like it could be pullied but, if he bought the warranty and they are going to service then let them.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:52 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

well I've also read that in order for the needle to significantly pass the 10 psi mark, you have to physically go in the cluster and remove the pin that stops the needle....Is this true with all cobras? If so, then this was obviously done on this car, therefore it has obviously had a pulley swap...Anyone else know about this?

Quick Reply: Deal or no DEAL?