SVT Forums

wrecked my cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:14 PM
MuscleOwnzRice
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WELL I WREAKED MY COBRA, PRETTY BAD

o wow, sorry man. ford should be getting you a new car, its not your fault peddle stuck but i guess you cant really prove it
Old 10-14-2006, 04:00 AM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Well, I was just browsing these forums for fun and I came across this.

Wow... I am so sorry. Like, an 03/04 Cobra is my dream car (I'm 18, I got time). Just hearing that one is smashed up makes me sad.

But I'm really glad you're OK. If you were speeding and just lost control, I would have thought "Whatever, your own fault." But damn, that sucks about the pedal sticking thing.

When you think about it, though, it's kind of a funny problem. Like, not that your accident was funny, but the problem in itself. Like, a 390 stock HP car having a problem where the gas pedal sticks to the floor. I mean, does anyone else find that ironic?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

how did the pedal stick to the floor in a neighborhood? i know in my cobra first gear to the floor is around 50mph or so 2nd is 80ish. were you really going that fast on those streets? if not how did the pedal get stuck in the carpet?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

im sure he was speeding..
Old 10-15-2006, 07:43 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

The pedal has to be pushed to the floor for it to stick there & there lies his problem. Why was it all the way to the floor in the 1st place, ooops.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97GT19

that would be the understatment of the year. in a residential zone the limit is what 30 or so. in a previous post he says he shidted into third then the pedal stuck. so i would gather that he was in 3rd gear with the pedal down to the floor. i know in my car 3rd puts me up over 110 mph so.............. you figure out the rest.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:42 PM
CLEAN 03

Its not the first or last time anyone will hear about a Mustang getting away from a under skilled driver.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:14 AM
AmericanRicer87
3rd Gear Member

ok first off when does he say he ran it to red line all three gears? i know a 500hp car will spin third just by flooring it, **** i know a talon will on 15lbs of boost so, if he drove through 1 yard assuming it was a 1.5 acre lot (nice houses) that he was doing maybe 40 loosing control? my friends cobra akin almost 600hp will get loose in 3rd at 80mph, i'm almost certain he could start spinning around a turn with the pedal stuck to the ploor in second he shifts, motor evs up hits third lets out and boom he's sideways.... i think thats more of what hapened...
ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

ORIGINAL: 97GT19

that would be the understatment of the year. in a residential zone the limit is what 30 or so. in a previous post he says he shidted into third then the pedal stuck. so i would gather that he was in 3rd gear with the pedal down to the floor. i know in my car 3rd puts me up over 110 mph so.............. you figure out the rest.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

he doesn't say he redlined all gears. but simple logic will tell you that the pedal cant get stuvk in the carpet if it is not pressed to the floor hard enough to touch the carpet. all we are saying is that if he was in third gear or second or even first for that matter in that car with the pedal down far enough to get caught in the carpet he was going way way way over the speed limit for a residential area. keep in mind i also drive the same car and know what it takes to break loose. my point is that its not like he just acciedential got loos and crashed. he is blaming it on the gas pedal recall which has to involve flooring the pedal in this case in a residential area. (not too smart). most instances of this occuring at least took place on an open stretch when people were trying to test out their cars.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:54 AM
AmericanRicer87
3rd Gear Member

well true, i'm tryin to give him the benifit of the doubt that he wasn't doing 110 like mentioned b4, and he only went in 1 yard so he wan't flying, unless they have huge front yards, he was prolly showing off floored it in second to spin, it got caught and he shifted and it reved up and when he let out it would have been all over the place. I hope this is what happned at least. yes its bad to show off but when you got a car like that how can you help it?

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

he doesn't say he redlined all gears. but simple logic will tell you that the pedal cant get stuvk in the carpet if it is not pressed to the floor hard enough to touch the carpet. all we are saying is that if he was in third gear or second or even first for that matter in that car with the pedal down far enough to get caught in the carpet he was going way way way over the speed limit for a residential area. keep in mind i also drive the same car and know what it takes to break loose. my point is that its not like he just acciedential got loos and crashed. he is blaming it on the gas pedal recall which has to involve flooring the pedal in this case in a residential area. (not too smart). most instances of this occuring at least took place on an open stretch when people were trying to test out their cars.

Quick Reply: wrecked my cobra.