SVT Forums

slayed a 06 srt4 with a t7 turbo last night

Old 10-15-2006, 03:13 PM
tgnick

Default slayed a 06 srt4 with a t7 turbo last night

i was driving home from work last night and a new srt4 neon pulled up. we got to a somewhat opens tretch of road and from about 40ish to 125-130 i pulled up about 3-4 car lengths. we slowed back to 35-40 for traffic and went again, same results. we got to the interstate and there was a 05-06 roush vert in front of me. we all got on the interstate at the same time and the srt4 and i pulled on each side of him and schooled him hard, you could hear him rapping it out and shifting trying to keep up, but we still walked away. must have been a level one or something, dunno, but it was great to see the little ricers ( if you consider a mopar powered car a ricer, if not we shall call it a nanny goat) face when he saw i was n/a and mostly stock and still owned him with the turbo and several mods.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:53 PM
7arpad7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: slayed a 06 srt4 with a t7 turbo last night

Dang good show man! What year Cobra and what mods? It seems like our naturally aspirated Cobras would be hard pressed to get such a win, as I just read some about this srt4 neon and saw that they come with upwards of 365 HP at under 3000 lbs curb weight... That makes me want that KenneBell supercharger for my '97 that much more... But none the less, even with less HP the older Cobras are still better looking and much more comfortable to drive.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:54 PM
7arpad7
2nd Gear Member

I see your sig has the info on your ride... Seems like you must have something more to it than that...
Old 10-15-2006, 07:28 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7arpad7

I just read some about this srt4 neon and saw that they come with upwards of 365 HP

Couple things about this thread.....

1. There is no such thing as an 06 srt4.

2. No srt4 came with 365hp. They were around 220. Thats not to say that those engines cant handle 365 ponies, because they most certainly can.

3. What is level 1? SRT4's have stage upgrades, and if you beat him that bad, he was most likely stock.

4. How do you know he had a t7 turbo? What the hell is t7 turbo anyway?

Anyway, good kill.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
7arpad7
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uofipilot

ORIGINAL: 7arpad7

I just read some about this srt4 neon and saw that they come with upwards of 365 HP

Couple things about this thread.....

1. There is no such thing as an 06 srt4.

2. No srt4 came with 365hp. They were around 220. Thats not to say that those engines cant handle 365 ponies, because they most certainly can.

3. What is level 1? SRT4's have stage upgrades, and if you beat him that bad, he was most likely stock.

4. How do you know he had a t7 turbo? What the hell is t7 turbo anyway?

Anyway, good kill.

Here is the page that I got my info from... http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...rformance.html

It does describe the stage 3 version (the 220 may be the stage one?) and does post something about a 365 foot pounds of torque with 355 HP (had that mixed up) dyno numbers.... again I may have gotten something wrong, as that is for 100 octane fuel from what I now gather... All of that being said, the lower numbers shown on the dyno sheet are 310 HP. Now, with the weight, that is a formidable foe.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

Stage 3 is a BIG upgrade. With stage three and supporting mods, yeah...365 is possible. But, a 365hp neon would rape the **** out of n/a cobra. My post wasnt really directed towards you so much as the original guy. His story makes no sense. If he talked to the guy, he would have know that it wasnt an 06....seeing as how there are none. So he really couldnt have know anythingabout the neon. If he beat it from a roll, it was stock or very close to stock.

Matt
Old 10-17-2006, 02:31 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

Man you guys are quick to judge a n/a cobra. I was at the 8th mile drag stip in my local town, I was in my automatic 5.0 with a bunch of mods(this was before the procharger). We lined up with a 03 srt4. The light turns green he's at like 3 grand and just dumps it and gets a 5 car length lead on. Then i real him in and before the end of the track he only had one car on me. OK now i went there a month ago and he upgraded the turbo to a stage 3. with all the goodies to go with it. HE was talking smack. KNow im in the cobra. Light turns green and he jumps for a second or two i start to reel him in again. I had him by a door. So there not that fast and you guys need to give the n/a cobra a little more credit then just saying ohh its n/a its not fast. You have to have some boost to be fast. LOL
Old 10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt99redcobra

Man you guys are quick to judge a n/a cobra. I was at the 8th mile drag stip in my local town, I was in my automatic 5.0 with a bunch of mods(this was before the procharger). We lined up with a 03 srt4. The light turns green he's at like 3 grand and just dumps it and gets a 5 car length lead on. Then i real him in and before the end of the track he only had one car on me. OK now i went there a month ago and he upgraded the turbo to a stage 3. with all the goodies to go with it. HE was talking smack. KNow im in the cobra. Light turns green and he jumps for a second or two i start to reel him in again. I had him by a door. So there not that fast and you guys need to give the n/a cobra a little more credit then just saying ohh its n/a its not fast. You have to have some boost to be fast. LOL
were not saying that we don't give the srt-4's some credit but the way this guy wrote his story sounds like hes certain the guy had an 06 srt-4 and it had a t7 turbo there is no way he knew all that from looks and sound. You would think if he talked to the guy he would've mentioned that in the story.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt99redcobra

Man you guys are quick to judge a n/a cobra.
I actually have a n/a cobra (97) and know they are fast and that they can beat srt4s. My point was that this clown is going on and on talking about how he "slayed" an "06" "level 1" srt4 with a "t7 turbo." Basically, I think the author beat an srt4, but other than that, has no idea what he's talking about. He's just knocking other fast cars with no informational base.

Matt
Old 10-18-2006, 01:45 AM
7arpad7
2nd Gear Member

Thought I may add that I have two N/A 97 cobras... one with a bunch of bolt on goodies, the other with just suspention upgrades... yes, they are fast... but that article had me tripping out with the HP to weight ratio that was posted... It is good to hear some real world experience with the cobra coming out on top... I thought that I was going to have to take out a loan really quick and get my ride supercharged... I just have a hard time thinking/ with the thought[:@] that a 4 banger grandma's car could hang with us...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: slayed a 06 srt4 with a t7 turbo last night