SVT Forums

first mods for my 04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 04:12 AM
jayb12788

Default first mods for my 04 cobra

just bought a bone stock 04 cobra wanted to know what some good first mods would a change in the pullies be a good start
Old 11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: first mods for my 04 cobra

I know your new, so I'll try not to be a jerk, but do a search in here or on svtperformance.com. There is a bazillion threads on this subject that has been beat to death.

Your going to want to do exhaust, cai, shifter, pulley, tune. Depending on what you want to get out of your car, you'll need to upgrade your MAF and fuel to support the new found power. You should also consider sub-frame connectors, IRS upgrades, etc.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:05 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jayb12788

just bought a bone stock 04 cobra wanted to know what some good first mods would a change in the pullies be a good start

the best easy mods to fo are 2.8 upper pulley swap, SCT Xcal2 with tune, cat back, and a cold air intake,MGW short throw shifter (the only way to go ) are the best and easy,

here is a good place to get it all http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobra.htm
Old 11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

I know your new, so I'll try not to be a jerk, but do a search in here or on svtperformance.com. There is a bazillion threads on this subject that has been beat to death.

Your going to want to do exhaust, cai, shifter, pulley, tune. Depending on what you want to get out of your car, you'll need to upgrade your MAF and fuel to support the new found power. You should also consider sub-frame connectors, IRS upgrades, etc.
Good recommendations. I'll add that it isn't necessary to upgrade the MAF or fuel pumps until you port the blower (or make more than 490rwhp). The point at which you run out of fuel with the stock system varies. With my 2003 Cobra I maxxed out both the pumps and the MAF at 490. Others have made 515rwhp+ and haven't had to upgrade one or both. IMO play it safe and just do the upgrades when you reach 490.

Jayb1278, take a few minutes and go through the FAQ page on my website. It will answer some of your questions and help you out a bit.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

pullies, exhaust, intake, gears.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:46 PM
burning the tiers
1st Gear Member

if you want more power i would also change the supercharger to if just a car to play with a kennybell or if your racing a procharger and if you put any of these on you will have to put in a biger fuel line and probably would want to put on a biger throttle body and if you want to make it look cool go to http://www.americanmuscle.com/bodyki...FR1sWAod5monKg
Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CobraBob

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

Good recommendations. I'll add that it isn't necessary to upgrade the MAF or fuel pumps until you port the blower (or make more than 490rwhp). The point at which you run out of fuel with the stock system varies. With my 2003 Cobra I maxxed out both the pumps and the MAF at 490. Others have made 515rwhp+ and haven't had to upgrade one or both. IMO play it safe and just do the upgrades when you reach 490.

Jayb1278, take a few minutes and go through the FAQ page on my website. It will answer some of your questions and help you out a bit.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm
Thanks Bob. Learned from you and others. I agree with not having to upgrade the fuel, but it never hurts to be safe. I didn't do it until I ported my blower and added the 4lb lower.

The other thing I forgot to mention, which is usually a no-brainer, is to get your car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. Mail order tunes are fine by people like RWTD, Sambandit and others. But always get it dyno-tuned to be on the safe side. Most of the mail orders will leave you sitting a little rich for safety so there is always a little wiggle room in there for optimality.