ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple V.S. Kenne Bell

tt ftw
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I looked at this same question about two months ago. From everything I could dig up, both are fairly close in numbers. Each have pros and cons, so it's best to fit what you are going for. I need high psi, so I chose to go with the KB unit for my upgrade.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

tt is SO useless unless your doing autocross. I have a huge post about why it is, if you want to see it I'll link you to it.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Link us. I'd be interested to see why you say that. I would have thought it depended on turbo size/lag time when it came to determining application compatibility. And for Auto X, you'd want the low end tq that a positive displacement blower makes....which is why I went with one over a turbo set up.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Evil04C

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what are the really good turbo kits? I have seen some monster turbo termies, and it's what i plan on doing to mind.
I say turbo FTW!!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:27 AM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

garret t-4 blowzilla is a great turbo for the cobra.

as for the link.. ill just quote it.. this is from the topic "Turbo 5.0"

The biggest misconception with turbos is that more=better. Which is NOT true. People say "twin turbo this, twin turbo that" but twin turbos are not the "all-powerful gods" of forced induction.

Certain applications pertain to certain things you want to do. A single turbo can spool out just as much power as a twin turbo setup. TT's are great for autocross, but useless for the quartermile and every day streetracing. (unless you drive a supra which would give me a little envy haha)

You can make 800whp+ with a good single turbo, WITHOUT much lag. Which is another misconception..

If your bolting a huge single turbo onto a V4 then yeah, your going to have some turbo lag because the V4 does NOT have enough torque to fly through rpms. but on a V8? You'll find a turbo spools up immensly faster because seriously.. how long do we stay in the 1-3k rpm range? .. 2 seconds at max.

Everyone seems to think turbo=lag, but they dont do the research on it.

I'm not saying a turbo is BETTER than a s/c. Its all preference really. I just like to clear the air before people are like "omg turbo lag! why bother!" and whatever else.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 AM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

Im going to say this on the turbo topic... Turbo is the most efficient power adder that you can have, Thats just it. Also the tubo kits are a bit laggy and they don't make as much TQ down low as the twin screws...
Old 04-04-2007, 03:20 AM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: italia10588

tt is SO useless unless your doing autocross. I have a huge post about why it is, if you want to see it I'll link you to it.
You dont know what your talking about. I tihnk you just post in every thread to get post counts your posts dont even make sense half the time.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:35 AM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

read above and dont be an *******. I know exactly what I'm talking about, I just did a huge paper on the subject, so dont give me your ****.

And why would I just want to make my post count higher? Please I have better things to do, give me a break. Is it suddenly a crime to answer someones question for them and try to help them out? My posts make alot more sense than some of other ones I've seen, but because I dont idolize the "popular" mods, and I bring to light other sides of the spectrum without my head up my *** that means I dont know what I'm talking about.. gee thats too damn bad.

Theres plenty of other people who post just as much as me, but ohhhhh I touch on a sensitive subject here and I'm suddenly the target of someones assanine ignorance.

Please spare me and cut the horse****.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

this is a good post. well than i say that a huge turbo ftw
ORIGINAL: italia10588

garret t-4 blowzilla is a great turbo for the cobra.

as for the link.. ill just quote it.. this is from the topic "Turbo 5.0"

The biggest misconception with turbos is that more=better. Which is NOT true. People say "twin turbo this, twin turbo that" but twin turbos are not the "all-powerful gods" of forced induction.

Certain applications pertain to certain things you want to do. A single turbo can spool out just as much power as a twin turbo setup. TT's are great for autocross, but useless for the quartermile and every day streetracing. (unless you drive a supra which would give me a little envy haha)

You can make 800whp+ with a good single turbo, WITHOUT much lag. Which is another misconception..

If your bolting a huge single turbo onto a V4 then yeah, your going to have some turbo lag because the V4 does NOT have enough torque to fly through rpms. but on a V8? You'll find a turbo spools up immensly faster because seriously.. how long do we stay in the 1-3k rpm range? .. 2 seconds at max.

Everyone seems to think turbo=lag, but they dont do the research on it.

I'm not saying a turbo is BETTER than a s/c. Its all preference really. I just like to clear the air before people are like "omg turbo lag! why bother!" and whatever else.

Quick Reply: Whipple V.S. Kenne Bell