SVT Forums

what is this symbol in the cluster

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:35 AM
defy
1st Gear Member

Default what is this symbol in the cluster

guys i neede help you know the little symbols that pops up on the cluster IE. the traction control on the right side its the last symbol its brown and looks like a engine with a fan on it it shows up when start my car up and stays on i was just wondering what the hell is it
Old 05-20-2007, 11:59 AM
ZAXJAX
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what is this symbol in the cluster

You car will blow up soon!

j/k! Need a pic of it!
Old 05-20-2007, 12:27 PM
tommy_t
2nd Gear Member

Coolant reservoir level sensor. It says you're out of coolant but you're not. Can't change sesnor, need to change whole reservoir.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:32 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

You car will blow up soon!
lmao that seriously gave me a good laugh.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Lavitz
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tommy_t

Coolant reservoir level sensor. It says you're out of coolant but you're not. Can't change sesnor, need to change whole reservoir.
IF the sensor in the overflow tank is stuck anew degas bottle shouldfix this as they are hard as hell to clean good enough to work again.If that isn't the problem I would assume whoever filled your car with coolant didn't burp it enough. You have to fill your system through the coolant crossover tube not the coolant reservoir. Then burp that bad boy to get the air out. Then add more coolant. Repeat until there's no more air in your system.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:36 AM
defy
1st Gear Member

ok this seems like a problem because i just got my fluid change not more than a month ago and my coolant is gone so what should i do change my resovoir or just simply drain again and add the juice because its completley gone
Old 05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Lavitz
1st Gear Member

If you just had coolant put in less than a month ago and you are completely empty already, there's gotta be a leak somewhere. Check your radiator and make sure the drain is closed. It's on the passenger side near the bottom of the radiator (it twists open and shut). If it's closed all the way you might have a crack in the overflow tank, the radiator, a hose. If there are no leaks and the drain was open go ahead and fill her back up. Here's a pic of where you should fill it up in case you're not sure. I circled the whole coolant crossover and the blue dot is where the cap should be.

Hope there isn't any major problems. Keep us updated.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 PM
defy
1st Gear Member

ok this is what happen i dont know i thought it was empty but it wasnt this mourning i pulled in the gas station to fill the bitch wit water and it was like half way right and before the fill it was on but after i filled here up the damn light went off and it was just half full but the day prior to that the it was empty but i dont know what the hell is wrong with my system but it needs to be corrected
Old 05-30-2007, 06:36 PM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

i have a 99 cobra and i had the same problem....when the car was running and all warmed up that light went on. but when i first started the car in the morning it wasnt on. What I did was flushed all the fluid out. and refilled it. but before I refilled it i double checked the hoses, the RT, and the radiator to make sure nothing was indeed leaking. I filled that badboy up and it never happened again. But my coolant level keeps dropping and magically refilling. but i never had any problems since.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Lavitz
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: darcnytemare

But my coolant level keeps dropping and magically refilling.
Sounds like air circulating through the system.

Quick Reply: what is this symbol in the cluster