SVT Forums

What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
WhiningCobra

Default RE: What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??

the IRS is the most accomplished thing they ever did LOL. the irs is good for road racing. solid rears are pretty boring if you ask me
Old 06-25-2007, 03:15 PM
1fstmach
2nd Gear Member

The 2002 Cobra Special was unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show in February 2002 as the 2003 Cobra. It was formerly referred to as the Cobra Terminator, but the Special Vehicle Team decided to drop it because it sounded too violent, and they didn't want to pay royalties to the movie franchise. Visit Timeline: 2003 Mustang for photos and information on the 2003 Cobra.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:24 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

i'm not sure what's everybodies definition of what"fast" is but iplayed with a few and yes from a dig they have ahard time gett`n the show going,but after that if you get cocky or miss a gear you are done,cause they will burn ya
Old 06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Not That Fast.....

Well, until the '07 GT500 was released, they were the fastest factory Mustang ever produced. Capable of mid 12's out of the box, though with a great driver.

How many cars are capable of that out of the showroom? A corvette or two (pre C6), a couple exotics, and some vipers.

Not a bad crowd to be thrown in with for a fraction of the price.

Not that fast? Awfully bold.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:26 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

It's also a robot from the future sent to assissanate someone......
Old 06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

The Terminator is just a name for the '03/'04 Cobras because they can "Terminate" most other street cars in races. Very fast cars.
The Terminator name was the internal project name the SVT team used during development. John Colletti dubbed this car the Terminator because it was built to terminate the competition (camaro) once and for all and it did.

A stock Terminator really isn't all that fast, but with a grand can be made to compete with C5 Z06's. I know, because I own one.
I had a stock one. Well not completely stock it had a catted x pipe and a cat back. I beat a C5 Z06 by a bumper with me and 3 others in the car. So I'd say with 1 grand in mods you should be beating C5 Z06's.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CobraSnake

The Terminator is just a name for the '03/'04 Cobras because they can "Terminate" most other street cars in races. Very fast cars.
The Terminator name was the internal project name the SVT team used during development. John Colletti dubbed this car the Terminator because it was built to terminate the competition (camaro) once and for all and it did.

A stock Terminator really isn't all that fast, but with a grand can be made to compete with C5 Z06's. I know, because I own one.
I had a stock one. Well not completely stock it had a catted x pipe and a cat back. I beat a C5 Z06 by a bumper with me and 3 others in the car. So I'd say with 1 grand in mods you should be beating C5 Z06's.

Then the driver of that Z06 did not know how to drive at all and I'm calling BS. A loud and thunderous BS. There's no way in hell you being stock with 4 people in the car (now totalling what ~4400lbs) beat a car that is 3100lbs. No F'in way.

People, if you really think a 13 second car is fast, then you guys are sadly mistaken. Hell, 11 second cars aren't even fast anymore.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Then the driver of that Z06 did not know how to drive at all and I'm calling BS. A loud and thunderous BS. There's no way in hell you being stock with 4 people in the car (now totalling what ~4400lbs) beat a car that is 3100lbs. No F'in way.

People, if you really think a 13 second car is fast, then you guys are sadly mistaken. Hell, 11 second cars aren't even fast anymore.
What are you smoking? I want some....

13 sec = quick
12 sec = pretty fast
11 sec = fast
10 sec = good lord
9 sec = sick
8 sec = disgusting
7 sec = uncalled for

Old 06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang9946

What are you smoking? I want some....

13 sec = quick
12 sec = pretty fast
11 sec = fast
10 sec = good lord
9 sec = sick
8 sec = disgusting
7 sec = uncalled for

Well I can see your chart is based on your 14 second car. 13 seconds is not "quick". I guess I'm just used to being around a ton of 10 second cars lately. I don't mean to be-little anyone.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The Cobra with an average driver (stock) and when I say average I say a 2.0 60" will run a 12.7-12.8... That's pretty damn fast for a car to be right out of the box...

Allvenom, since you're on such a high horse - what does your Cobra run? Curious.

I am around 10 second cars all the time, and 12's is still a fast time for a car to go. Just because our cars run 11's and 10's... doesn't mean 12's are slow - they're just slow in comparison, but a 12 sec qtr mile is still damn fast. you're just a *****.

Quick Reply: What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??