SVT Forums

96-98 cobra info

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
mfj
Banned

Default RE: 96-98 cobra info

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra
...But just because a new Vette has 450rwhp doesnt meanthat is fast..
yes it does. any 500 hp vette is "fast"
Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mfj

1/8th of a mile is not a race. the race is 1/4 mile. 1/8th of a mile is just atraction issue. 97 cobra blocks will not hold 600rwhp plus nitrous on the best tune in the world. Even running it supper fat (rich), the block will expire rapidly. in the 96-2001 cobras, pistons are ****, rods are ****, crank is good (forged). but yeah, 19lbs of boost plus nitrous on a stock 96 bottom end with over 100k miles?? thats bull****. sorry And BTW,ur car cannot eat ls7's. really sorry if i offended u.
[hr]

Buddy I dont know what the hell your smoking, but it must be some good $hit... You need to do a lil research before you come on here bud... A 97 cobra block will hold just about anything you throw at it, and you said that Im talking bull**** about my buddy... We you just come on down where i'm at and I will show you a stock 96 cobra block with stock internals running 19PSI and nitrous making 600rwhp.. I'm not like alot of people that come on thisforum and make **** up.. I know good and well what a stock block can hold... And your so wrong if you dont think a tune has anything to do with it.. A tune has everything to do with it.. You can be making 200rwhp with a ****ty tune and blow your motor... And like I said before BUD! Instead of buying a $70K Vette thats making 505hp, I can get a quarter of that, and be the fastest damn car around... If corvettes are so bad, why the hell are you driving a cobra????.... Like I said, I dont want to come on here and argue with people, but when they start saying that what I say is bull****, thats when I get pissed.. Because if you want, you can come on down here and I will drive you in my LS7 ETR to that guys house and he will take you for a ride in his car and show you himself.... Sorry bud if you got one Slow *** car, I really am.. But stick with it man and maybe oneday your car will be as fast as my LS7 ETR!.... Oh yea.. I am really really sorry if I offended you.. and just because a car has 500hp does not mean it is FAST..Sorry
Old 08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
lazyeye
2nd Gear Member

the new z06 vette puts out around 450 rwhp. for u to beat him, you would need to be putting out at least 510 hp to the wheels considering ur torque curve is worse than the vette and the vette weighs a good deal less and. ur motor will not handle that much hp for any real amount of time. it would be like a ticking time bomb. ur hypereutectic pistons will not handle that and ur motor will pop. so i'll give u all the ls series motors, except for the ls7. no offence intended at all sir, but ur car is not an ls7 eater. and most cobras like urs with 8 lbs of boost on an intercooled vortech are puttin around 405-410 rwhp down.

by the way, a new z06 vette WILL beat an 03 viper.

[hr]

First of all I'm not here to argue with you... A buddy of mine has a 96 Cobra with wellover 100k miles, and he puts out19 lbs of boost, and with his Vortech and nitrous he is putting down over 600RWHP and well over 600rwtq on the stock block and internals,and is still running strong... Our engines will hold up toanything as long as you dont run them lean.. The pistons in our car is the only crappy thing that is holding the 96-98 Cobra engines back... But like I said, its all in the tune, I could easily put out 510rwhp and be safe about it, as long as I can find a pretty decent tuner.. And I know that the new z06's are faster than vipers, but there not that much faster, I was just pointing out that just because something has 500hp, doesnt make it "all that".. Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to have a new vette, and when I get a better job I will get me one... But just because a new Vette has 450rwhp doesnt meanthat is fast.. Yes, you get on the parkway, and they will Scream, but you take it to the 1/8 mile track and see what happens.. It will get stomped on by alot less hp cars, because they are for the straight line, and not for the corners like the Vette is
BULLSH!T
Old 08-26-2007, 11:02 PM
mfj
Banned

ur the one that knws nothing mr svt_97cobra!! even the above post says u know nothing!! i NEVER said that the tune has nothing to do with it. i just said that the most convervative tune in the world will not keep a stock 96 cobra from blowing up with 19lbs of boost plus nitrous!!! u r wrong sir. i believe my knowledge is far greater than urs. and ur just makin ur self look unintelligent. even the post above this one, suggests u have no idea what u r talking about.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:35 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ur the one that knws nothing mr svt_97cobra!! even the above post says u know nothing!! i NEVER said that the tune has nothing to do with it. i just said that the most convervative tune in the world will not keep a stock 96 cobra from blowing up with 19lbs of boost plus nitrous!!! u r wrong sir. i believe my knowledge is far greater than urs. and ur just makin ur self look unintelligent. even the post above this one, suggests u have no idea what u r talking about.
[hr]

Buddy I have already told you that I dont come on here to tell a bunch of crap, and if you dont believe me TUFF.. Because I know what I was told from the guy.. and the same goes for you Lazyeye, if you dont believe me TUFF, dont.. Because I know the guy, and I know what the guy told me. Maybe he fed me a bunch of bull, because when I asked him if he wanted to race, he said that it would be a waste of his time, and then he told mewhat all he had done.. But man, I dont want to argue with anyone.. I'm a very nice guy, Love mustangs, and love the new z06's, but we are comparing pre-school baseball, to major league... I mean come on, I have a 97 cobra compared to a $70K+ vette.... But guys, dont think I'm a bad person because I'm not, and if the guy with the 96 cobra engine fed me a bunch of crap then i'm sorry... But dont think I'm a unintelligent, and I get on these forums just to talk crap, because I dont
Old 08-26-2007, 11:38 PM
mfj
Banned

[hr]

Buddy I have already told you that I dont come on here to tell a bunch of crap, and if you dont believe me TUFF.. Because I know what I was told from the guy.. and the same goes for you Lazyeye, if you dont believe me TUFF, dont.. Because I know the guy, and I know what the guy told me. Maybe he fed me a bunch of bull, because when I asked him if he wanted to race, he said that it would be a waste of his time, and then he told mewhat all he had done.. But man, I dont want to argue with anyone.. I'm a very nice guy, Love mustangs, and love the new z06's, but we are comparing pre-school baseball, to major league... I mean come on, I have a 97 cobra compared to a $70K+ vette.... But guys, dont think I'm a bad person because I'm not, and if the guy with the 96 cobra engine fed me a bunch of crap then i'm sorry... But dont think I'm a unintelligent, and I get on these forums just to talk crap, because I dont
just check out my other thread. "would this combo not explode???"