SVT Forums

How did you find your 03/04 Cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Default How did you find your 03/04 Cobra?

So i have been looking for a good 5-6 months and i am still without a Cobra....

I watch autotrader, mustang exclusive magazines etc...... I never find one im happy with?

How did YOU find your 03/04 Cobra?

And i understand that there is nada, kbb etc but give me an estimate at what would be a reasonable price for my 'needs'.

Im looking for one with 25,000 and less miles and near stock. I am not picky on the color. I live in Oklahoma(because area's can vary price).

What woudl be a decent price for this?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: How did you find your 03/04 Cobra?

Whatever it is worth to you.

I found mine on autotrader after finding a few local but $1500+++ over book value 03/04 Cobra's with 25k+ miles.

Mine wasn't listed for more than 6 hours before I found it on Autotrader for book value. The next morning I was there with a loan in hand. Book value is an acceptable price to pay, everyone rants and raves about what they would pay, but 90% of these people aren't in the financial situation NOR have a good grasp of reality to know what a dealership would take for it.

Bottom line is, EVERYONE overpays. Whatever it is worth to you....
Old 08-30-2007, 06:45 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

i found mine on ebay, i was with my friends just bord and we saw it and thought it was a good price then noticede it was only like 50 miles from my house, 25k for a vert with 6k miles
Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

How did I find mine?.. Hmm.. Long version or short version?... ****, I'll tell the medium version. Lol.

I had been wanting one and went out to a nearby dealership to purchase one. It just happened to have full bolt ons and a Kenne Bell blower that wasn't advertised [:@]. There was nothing else I could do to the car so that was a no go for me. After trying to sell it to me, and even making me some VERY generous other offers new S197 GT's, I gave them my contact info and left.

A couple of months later, I got a call from one of the salesman saying they just received a Silver '04 in with 6,000 miles on it. I get dressed and smash to the dealership in my GT anticipating what could be my last time driving it. I got there, checked out the car, signed the paperwork, and the rest was history.

I love this damn car! Adam, I hope you eventually get one. This is one hell of a car that doesn't disappoint!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 PM
ZO6AINTPOOP
1st Gear Member

I found mine in the Mustang and Collector magazine for 23k with 50,000 miles it was a daily driver by and 66 year old man so it was stock. Now I am putting down 465rwhp and 500rwtq and adding an 150 shot right now!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Adam... I feel for ya, it seems like you've been looking for a cobra about as long as I was last year[&:]

I found mine on cars.com. I would still keep an eye on svtperformance and the terminator for sale section... theres usually a good one every now and then that is really close to stock form.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
massmustang02
3rd Gear Member

Adam I thought you were going for a Mach 1. But anywaysI'm in the exact same boat as you. But I don't think I'll be ready to buy for another 2 months. I've already started my search too. SVTP, Autotrader, Cars.com and there's a local dealership that is exclusive to Mustangs and sports which is actually where I got mine from. I'm a little bit more picky in the color dept. though. Blue, DSG, then Black is how it goes for me. Good luck with it though. A little sidenote too. It's still summer so the prices are a little higher now. Wait until they go into the garages and people don't have the opportunity to drive them. That's when they want to sell them and will move them for less. Hope you have the opportunity to find the one you're looking for.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Hm so i guess i just need to stay persistent and just hope i find one with a good price!

Ill keep you guys updated if i find a keeper...
Old 08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: massmustang02

Adam I thought you were going for a Mach 1. But anywaysI'm in the exact same boat as you. But I don't think I'll be ready to buy for another 2 months. I've already started my search too. SVTP, Autotrader, Cars.com and there's a local dealership that is exclusive to Mustangs and sports which is actually where I got mine from. I'm a little bit more picky in the color dept. though. Blue, DSG, then Black is how it goes for me. Good luck with it though. A little sidenote too. It's still summer so the prices are a little higher now. Wait until they go into the garages and people don't have the opportunity to drive them. That's when they want to sell them and will move them for less. Hope you have the opportunity to find the one you're looking for.
Yes i was settling for a Mach but after driving one i saw they really werent a huge upgrade. I figure i might as well dish out a few more and just get the snake!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
massmustang02
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I hear ya. I too initially wanted a Comp. Orange Mach but my buddy let me drive his with full bolt-ons and I wasn't too impressed. Not to mention they have the same power level as a GT wiht the stock block. Like I said Good Luck though.

Quick Reply: How did you find your 03/04 Cobra?