SVT Forums

03 cobra or 03 mach

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 03 cobra or 03 mach

Thats great you got two jobs now and are getting straight A's but if you are going to be paying a car off most likely it will be for 5 years. RIGHT NOW you might be pulling it off but college is no joke and its 4 years long. Go with the cheaper of the two. Cobra's are great and man I wish I did get the 03 04 when I was buyingmy car but now that I moved out and work less I'm glad I got the 01. Paying for it is much easier and it still allows me some money to buy parts and go racing (legal racing). If I were you I would look for either the 03 mach or an 01 Cobra.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Crazyfast50stang

Thats great you got two jobs now and are getting straight A's but if you are going to be paying a car off most likely it will be for 5 years. RIGHT NOW you might be pulling it off but college is no joke and its 4 years long. Go with the cheaper of the two. Cobra's are great and man I wish I did get the 03 04 when I was buyingmy car but now that I moved out and work less I'm glad I got the 01. Paying for it is much easier and it still allows me some money to buy parts and go racing (legal racing). If I were you I would look for either the 03 mach or an 01 Cobra.
Thanks for all the great inputs guys, looks like a have a hard decision to make!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

If I were in your sitation, I'd hold onto that GT that you have right now for a year more or two.

If you're bringing in that kind of money, not during football season obviously, then save up. The payments on that GT can't be anywhere near what you're looking at for a Cobra unless you got rammed on that purchase however long ago it was.. lol..

Save up, wait till the summer before your sophmore year of college so you can see what you'll be making, how much you can work during school, and you'll have the money to make an even nicer downpayment on that car you're saving for.

I bought my GT the summer after my first year of college, but I'm not paying ANYWHERE near what you'd be paying monthly for a Termie, or a Mach for that matter.

Good luck though man, and as the guy above me has said before, don't rush into something on a whim. Think it out, don't get robbed by overpaying. Be patient. It's REALLY EASY to rush into a purchase, especially on something as fun as a car like that, but it shows alot of maturity to think it out and make a wise decision, not only that, but you'll thank yourself later.
what gt??? and greg you CANT leave us sixxer guys
Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GregoryA44

ORIGINAL: Crazyfast50stang

Thanks for all the great inputs guys, looks like a have a hard decision to make!
Yeah you do. But look at it this way. You get a mach or 01 cobra. You save on your monthly payments. You SAVE the extra cash. Buy a KB blower with the money saved and have your self one quick *** car. I'm making my car into a warrior as every month goes by.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03sixbanger

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

If I were in your sitation, I'd hold onto that GT that you have right now for a year more or two.

If you're bringing in that kind of money, not during football season obviously, then save up. The payments on that GT can't be anywhere near what you're looking at for a Cobra unless you got rammed on that purchase however long ago it was.. lol..

Save up, wait till the summer before your sophmore year of college so you can see what you'll be making, how much you can work during school, and you'll have the money to make an even nicer downpayment on that car you're saving for.

I bought my GT the summer after my first year of college, but I'm not paying ANYWHERE near what you'd be paying monthly for a Termie, or a Mach for that matter.

Good luck though man, and as the guy above me has said before, don't rush into something on a whim. Think it out, don't get robbed by overpaying. Be patient. It's REALLY EASY to rush into a purchase, especially on something as fun as a car like that, but it shows alot of maturity to think it out and make a wise decision, not only that, but you'll thank yourself later.
what gt??? and greg you CANT leave us sixxer guys
haha i want around 450rwhp-500rwhp and a car that sounds good! not a rage of african bees coming out of my exhaust!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:01 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mfj

DID U REALLY EXPECT ANYONE TO TELL U TO BUY A MACH OVER A COBRA?????
Buy a Mach over the Cobra!!

[8D]Had to.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

OK.... have to tell somebody this story, and this seems and appropriate interjection to this thread. I had a guy (old guy, 50+ with his wife, both kinda pudgy) in a Mach1 pull up to me at a redlight last night. He looked over, put down his window and said "I didnt know GT's came with that hood." WTF! dont you see the COBRA lettering on the rear bumper as you pulled up, not to mention the snake emblems on the fenders? Caught off-gaurd with that, I just said, "they dont". He laughed and said something about v6 stangs being shameful, but at least mine sounded 'decent' and he rev'ed the Mach. again, WTF? Not knowing what to say to that, I just laughed. SOOO..... I figured I'd see how my 'v6' would hold up. He actually launched, I feathered it out from about 1200rpms. He got 1/2 car jump, but by the time I shifted into 3rd and checked my mirror I had a 2 car lead though. He wouldnt pull up to me at the next light and just left about 20 ft in front of him in his lane. oh well.... let him think what he will.

- PS. new rear-end with 4.56's went in last weekend! I wanted a week to enjoy all that gear before I put in the T56 and lose half of it.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

lmao. So your "V6" killed a mighty mach. Good kill. At least you educated the guy that V6's dont come with Cobra bumbers these days. 4.56 holy cow. Must be neck snapping.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:22 AM
mfj
Banned

those are some crazy *** gears!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

Not really neck snapping, if you give it too much gas from a stop it doesnt go anywhere, just spins (granted, I've got 255/35/17 Kuhmo ASX all-seasonson right now... that doesnt help for traction). If you roll into a start and then get on it, it will definately push you back into the seat though.

After I swap the T56 in this weekend it will be more like having 3.73's or 4.10's., at least in 1st gear.

Quick Reply: 03 cobra or 03 mach