SVT Forums

Supercharged 4V guys...need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:51 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Default RE: Supercharged 4V guys...need some help

another note, it would be a bad idea to have the IMRC deleted, or atleast take a look at it and see if its badly carboned up, then clean it, they are notorious for getting gunked up then not opening. which will rob you big power.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
99REDGT
2nd Gear Member

I got it from a kid that didn't know much about it at all...he bought it and drove it for a few months, got 4 tickets, and now had to get rid of it. He was not the type of guy that had good knowledge or enough cash to keep this car looking and running good. But I have some bucks to throw at her.

Where is this peice that could needa cleaning, got a pic? Could this have something to do with my cars idle being wacked out sometimes? I was gonna ask in another post if you can do the IAC mod on the older cobras like you do to the 2V GTs.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

It requires removal of the intake manifold, you will see the control box , its a black box, in all honestly i would just get the deletes. As far as the idle goes the IMRC shouldn't have an effect on idle considering they only begin to function at about 3200 RPM, the idle could be a problem with the tune, when i did my blower, pre-tune it would just idle randomly between 1500 and 2000 and fly all over the, i assume your problem isnt as drastic, but have the car retuned IMO, in box tunes that come with the kits usually arent the best. Also i have my idle set for about 1100, anything under 1k idle causes and iratic idle, and stalling when sitting at a light. Hope this information helps you.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:18 PM
99REDGT
2nd Gear Member

ya man, thanks for the info! the idle hangs really bad right now and its anoying as hell with the overly loud exhaust. I really hope this exhaust I ordered makes a good tone, I like the mellower exhaust note, more clean if ya know what I mean. I'll post up my dyno after I take her in, 360whp is alot...specially with the 4.10s! I'll have to wait till I get the DRs mounted up & the tune before I can really get an idear of how fast it is though...but I really hope to duck into the high 12s at track night. If I can get high 12s, with cold A/C, and have a decent looking/handling/sounding car with an overall investment of under 10G....hey what else could I ask for?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:53 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

another note, it would be a bad idea to have the IMRC deleted, or atleast take a look at it and see if its badly carboned up, then clean it, they are notorious for getting gunked up then not opening. whichwill rob you big power.
+1 I had one stuck closed when I bought the engine and put it in. The car just felt okay on top end compared to the measly non-pi 2v I had. BraMas said to ZIPTIE the IMRC plates open, so i did. WOW, huge difference in power. Screw the deletes, I'm just gonna leave the zipties there. WTF do I care, there's no diff with them being like that since they are in that position whehn the computer tells them to open! Sure it maybe little more restricting for air flow, but not entirely worth my time to tear the intake off to get deletes put in. ALSO, when I flipped the IMRC plates open at idle, this would cause the idle to almost die down since it's using the longer runners vs. shorter ones.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 AM
99REDGT
2nd Gear Member

so there is a way to pin them open fairly quickly just to test it out and see if they are sticking?