SVT Forums

Whats it take to get a Terminator into the 10's

Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

Default Whats it take to get a Terminator into the 10's

Ok guys, so I'm doing a school project where I'm talking about building an 03/04 Cobra into a street/strip monster. My goal is to eventually own a Terminator that will do 10's (10.00-10.99, anywhere in that range is cool for the project) that can still be a daily driver. I'm looking for options on how to accomplish this. If it can be done on the stock blower w/o tons of weight reduction or nitrous, show me how. For the sake of giving the project some depth, I want to stay away from nitrous or lots of weight reduction. I'm looking for engine/suspension mods that will get me to my goal in the most realistic way. Since it's a school project, cost isn't a huge deal, I'm just looking for specific mods that will get me there. My best case scenario involves giving a few options which involve a stock blower/aftermarket blower/turbo options. Any help is appreciated, especially from those guys who actually have 10 second cobras, and specific mod lists. I know there's a lot of knowledgeable snake guys in here, so I'll thank everybody in advance.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats it take to get a Terminator into the 10's

the easiest way is a solid reaer end, slicks, ported blower and nitrous 125 shot. Nate went 10.7 @ 142mph and that was all it took.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

hell and there's probably a bit more left in that car too.... I have seen people go faster then that with really the same mods... and good drivers...

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

the easiest way is a solid reaer end, slicks, ported blower and nitrous 125 shot. Nate went 10.7 @ 142mph and that was all it took.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

NOS and lots of stickers. Works for Honda's.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

For the sake of giving the project depth, whats the easiest way to get there w/o nitrous and slicks. I'm basically looking for a mod list that I can talk about in a project. Just saying nitrous, slicks, and solid rear is gonna be way too short. In short, I wanna be able to drive it to the track and drive it home w/o switching tires, so hopefully thats possible, I'm not sure. Thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 AM
mfj
Banned

is it possible to go tens with the stock eaton and no nitrous. yes it is. Devins sonic blue cobra is an example. stage 4 ported eaton, cams, intake, exhaust along with other supporting mods. for 10's with this set up, he had to do it with slicks, with a 31 spline solid rear axle.......
Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
mfj
Banned

but i would imagine the easiest way to get 10's would be with just a blower swap. like the 2.3L whipple...
Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

So would you say that it's extremely difficult to get into the 10's without slicks? Could you get some MT drag radials and drive it to the track and race without changing tires? The ultimate goal is a street/strip car that doesn't require changing tires, but if it's necessary, then thats the way I'll explain it.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
mfj
Banned

u cannot get into 10's on an eaton cobra (without nitrous) unless u r running slicks and a solid axle. even with slicks and a solid axle, u need to be a bad *** driver to get into 10's....
Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

So would a KB or Whipple with all the bolt-ons, a solid rear, and drag radials get me there, or would slicks still be required? Sorry for such specific questions, I just wanna be as realistic as possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats it take to get a Terminator into the 10's