SVT Forums

help 1995 svt cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:01 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

Default help 1995 svt cobra

my friend has a 1995 cobra vert and he's looking to do some extensive modifications.

1) what are the benefits of alluminum heads? and what are the best ones to get?

2) is the steeda pulley kit the way to go?

3) how exactly does a throttle body work and which one is the most efficient in terms of power-gains and durability?

4) he wants to get shorty heads, but doesn't know what kind to get that'll give him more power-gains and no problems.

5) which differential?

6) he's trying to decide whether or not he should get 3.73s or 4.10s, and hasn't decided on whether or not to get a supercharger.

thank you very much for the time and consideration in answering such a long post.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:12 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: help 1995 svt cobra

anyone? any insight/input to add at all?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 AM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

If your supercharging go with gt40 heads and have them ported up a little bit and get a new cam like x303 cam with a 75mm throttle body and some new injectors and a fuel pump and any why does your friend want to get shorties not long tubes? If he decides not to supercharge then Go with the trick flow stag 2 setup its around 2500 idk if it comes with a throttle body but if it doesn't get a 75mm you willl have to get new injectors and a new fuel pump also talk to your local speed shop because he will need a tune and they will give you some more ideas. It all depends on how fast he wants to go and how deep his pockets are. I would say def go with long tube headders instead of shorties they offer more power and their only a few bucks more. If you have any more questions just ask and its hard to say unless you say a budget.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:53 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bugpack28

If your supercharging go with gt40 heads and have them ported up a little bit and get a new cam like x303 cam with a 75mm throttle body and some new injectors and a fuel pump and any why does your friend want to get shorties not long tubes? If he decides not to supercharge then Go with the trick flow stag 2 setup its around 2500 idk if it comes with a throttle body but if it doesn't get a 75mm you willl have to get new injectors and a new fuel pump also talk to your local speed shop because he will need a tune and they will give you some more ideas. It all depends on how fast he wants to go and how deep his pockets are. I would say def go with long tube headders instead of shorties they offer more power and their only a few bucks more. If you have any more questions just ask and its hard to say unless you say a budget.
well with the parts i've mentioned above, i think the sky's pretty much the limit.

he told me something like longtube headers will make the car offroad and not street legal, and he's about keeping it legit and legal, doesn't like to go too fast but enjoys knowing that he can get from the slow lane to the fast lane in just a blip of the throttle.

what kind of brands would you suggest for all of these parts.

doesn't the 95 cobra already come with the gt40x heads? and if he does, he should just port those up a little?

he's got the 255lph fuel pump installed as of last week.

i don't know much about the 95's too much, i'm buying a 2008 and i've been doing more extensive research and follow through of that model.

but thanks so much for your help
Old 12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r3velation

well with the parts i've mentioned above, i think the sky's pretty much the limit.

he told me something like longtube headers will make the car offroad and not street legal, and he's about keeping it legit and legal, doesn't like to go too fast but enjoys knowing that he can get from the slow lane to the fast lane in just a blip of the throttle.

what kind of brands would you suggest for all of these parts.

doesn't the 95 cobra already come with the gt40x heads? and if he does, he should just port those up a little?

he's got the 255lph fuel pump installed as of last week.

i don't know much about the 95's too much, i'm buying a 2008 and i've been doing more extensive research and follow through of that model.

but thanks so much for your help
Yeah, the 95 Cobra already has the gt40 heads and intake. If he is looking to go any faster than stock, I would say definitely go for an entire H/C/I combo instead of just porting the stock ones. Gears would be a great idea also if he wouldn't mind swapping. Look in the 5.0 section, you will get a ton of help quick. There are already many threads that will help you out and you won't need to look for Cobra specific answers.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

The 5.0 Cobras come with Iron GT-40 heads, not the aluminum GT-40X ones. The 5.0 section should give you lots of good info. Don't any of you guys take this the wrong way but this section seems to mostly center aroundthe 4v DOHC guys .