SVT Forums

TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER

Old 01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER

pg 126-134 dec edition 44psi manifold lifted the heads from the block, and the 41psi produced 1188hp and 1050ftlbs...on stock internals.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

tha fact is the 41 psi at the manifold using the compunded boost does not put as much strain on the motor internals which is why you can safely make almost 1200 hp on the stock motor. not to mention having the blower boost down low is going to keep the tq up on the low and which should make for some seriously fas 1/4 mile times.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:20 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

from my understanding the turbos are large enough the wont kick in until the stock eaton stops producing boost, and then the turbo's kick in and there more power on tap.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

thats a part of it, the blower never stops making boost thought it will amke max boost all the way till redline, but what happens is the boost form the turbos is compouned to take 20 psi and make it to 30 psi as an example. so max boost is greatly increased without putting the motor in danger like it would be if you ran 40 psi through just a turbo.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

SO THE STOCKER IS RUNNING (sorry for caps) 20psi, and then that max's it out, then turbos just add 20more psi for the total of ~40psi
Old 01-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

it is a bit more complex than that and there are ratios to figure out the exact compunding effect but yes something like that. but it does not stress the motor the way that running 40 psi through twin turbos would.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

yeah, i just wanted to make sure i had the basic idea, i cant find the formulas or anything online, do you have em?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...bra/index.html

Google ftw
Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Fobra
Banned

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

tha fact is the 41 psi at the manifold using the compunded boost does not put as much strain on the motor internals which is why you can safely make almost 1200 hp on the stock motor. not to mention having the blower boost down low is going to keep the tq up on the low and which should make for some seriously fas 1/4 mile times.
... make 1200 hp safely on a stock motor.... huh ok, do you believe in the Easter bunny to?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Fobra
Banned

compound boost? Nigro please, there is no less stress on the internals, who ever said that is retarded, if an engine produces 1200 hp, it produces 1200 hp the effects of which are still the same, if the charger is "compounding boost" (which it may be at low rpm, but up top its just limiting it) then its putting more strain on the internals, not less... but that theory doest hold water given the fact the amount of claimed boost per hp gained is not as efficent as a straight twin turbod car, and your still rpm limited... its the turbos that are making all that boost, not the s/c and no where that much flow is being seen by the internals, becuase the supercharger is restricting them, so yeah you could 1000lbs of boost your still trying to push it through the stock m90 at 6500 rpm... it just doesnt make practical sense, not to mention your still keeping a parasitic loss... I mean the kit has some value, dont get me wrong, but your going to make more power, more efficently with just the twin turbos, the m90 component is there for a "specialness" factor and does nothing but lessen the potential performance of that system

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER