SVT Forums

Heres the Rematch 04 Cobra racing CLS 55 AMG from 20 to 160 Insane Race

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Heres the Rematch 04 Cobra racing CLS 55 AMG from 20 to 160 Insane Race

Like what was said before. Ive been told that putting your car under boost for long periods of time (big end runs) is really bad. My buddy scartched 2 or 3 cylinder walls and broke a few main bearings. $9K for a new motor but its your car not mine.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:27 PM
limp1969
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Heres the Rematch 04 Cobra racing CLS 55 AMG from 20 to 160 Insane Race

Not sure what i have the top is a 2.80 what is stock on the bottom? When changing the top do you change the bottom aswell? How to ID the bottom pully?

Man I thought i was a bad speller!
Old 03-14-2008, 02:46 PM
MystiCobra1200
I ♥ Acer

First Off Dude you dont know who your talking to and the fact you just wished for my car to catch fire at 160 You just cursed your car for ever
Second MY blower Like I said in the Movie and what it said on the Dyno was Runing 17 PSI
Oh and yeah Water doesnt soak up heat at all thats why its a made from soape based liquid in order to soak up heat and it been proven but Naw Its just another product that was made to sell. And If your not running Kenne Bells Or Whipple and No Nitrous trust me your Cobra is not Faster than mine
Let me guess you pulled 520 Horsepower on A Mustang Dyno which everybody knows They are Happy dynos giving away free Horsepower and Even If you did pull those Number Did you Street tune the Car because You know Dynos are just for numbers. There is a reason why the Fastest cars on the Street are Street Tuned WHY Its called the load on your car
You could be running a perfect dyno tune with the right amount timming and air fuel and when the Car is actually having to push its own weight these will change

Old 03-14-2008, 02:50 PM
MystiCobra1200
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

and btw.. I mispoke... I meant 17psi is right around what most people want to run on a ported blower, not 14, lol.. sorry guys.
WOW man U just proved my point on YOu been the dumbass Cuz if you watch the movies that Exaclty What Iam boosting LOLOLOL
Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MystiCobra1200

First Off Dude you dont know who your talking to and the fact you just wished for my car to catch fire at 160 You just cursed your car for ever
Second MY blower Like I said in the Movie and what it said on the Dyno was Runing 17 PSI
Oh and yeah Water doesnt soak up heat at all thats why its a made from soape based liquid in order to soak up heat and it been proven but Naw Its just another product that was made to sell. And If your not running Kenne Bells Or Whipple and No Nitrous trust me your Cobra is not Faster than mine
Let me guess you pulled 520 Horsepower on A Mustang Dyno which everybody knows They are Happy dynos giving away free Horsepower and Even If you did pull those Number Did you Street tune the Car because You know Dynos are just for numbers. There is a reason why the Fastest cars on the Street are Street Tuned WHY Its called the load on your car
You could be running a perfect dyno tune with the right amount timming and air fuel and when the Car is actually having to push its own weight these will change

i pulled 522 rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno, which reads about 10% lower than a dyno jet. also mustang dyno read the lowest, dyno jets are the ones givving up the free hp. my car was tuned with a load on it. the dynodynamics dyno had retarders in it to simulate a street load or more if you like. you ever run your car at the strip? i would be willing to bet i can drag your ***!
I find it funny that you are telling other people with the same or similar set ups to your car that made more power that they can't be faster than yours. thats just plain stupid. but i would be glad to bring my turbo cobra out anytime and give you the *** whooping your smart *** deserves.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

when i get home from my office, i will post the dyno sheet if you like, you post yours and i will post mine and we can compare powerbands.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Homie a 2.8 pulley + 6# lower will be more then 17psi... 2.8 pulley is around 14 alone and 6# lower is an additional 6#s...

You are a retard. Water wetter doesn't really help that much - it lowers your IAT2 just BARELY, and your heat exchanger helps ONLY the heat soaking. The reason cobra motors blow isn't due to the heat soaking of the motor. Go read a book, and go back to Jr. High school so you can learn about the English language.

And as far as you can be concerned by Cobra would've waxed your car. Go beat a new z06 and then you can talk... from a dead stop down a qtr mile.... then you can talk on my level. Your BS kills you posted are exactly that Bull****.. those cars you "beat" your car would never beat unless the driver was masterbating while he was shifting gears.

The more you post the dumber you really sound. Go to a message board where people don't know what they're talking about and maybe people will just believe what you say. Try www.hondaforums.com
Old 03-14-2008, 06:38 PM
AZ SNAKE
2nd Gear Member

How funny, You think your piece of junk with a non ported blower is gonna smike someone with a ported blower. I heard that Cuban crack they have down there in Florida is good but WOW it really must be some good shiznit.

What gears you running?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The car probably isn't even his.. you know this right? lol
Old 03-14-2008, 07:28 PM
limp1969
2nd Gear Member

I spoke with my engine builder about a few things said here. this is what he said
I asked how much does a ported blower help horsepower wise
he said "we gain 8 hp we were able to advance the timing a little more not worth the money!"
I ask him if i should do any cooling mods to my car
he said " if you drive the crap out of it yes, but if you just get onit every once an a while then leave it alone"
He also added

The tune is everything period!

Just looking to see what some of you say about this?

He is a great engine builder. lots of folks that live in the san diego area know him and have used him.

You guys are dumb with your pissing game just blow up everyone of your cobras so I have the only original one in 30 years
With any luck it will be worth what my 70 428scj is worth today

My $$ is on Blownsvt

I still think the video is cool even if it does make a few people mad!

Quick Reply: Heres the Rematch 04 Cobra racing CLS 55 AMG from 20 to 160 Insane Race