SVT Forums

Car back from the dyno shop!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

Default Car back from the dyno shop!

Well, I dropped the car off at the dyno tuner and will be picking it back up on saturday. I had no choice but to leave it for a week because of my schedule and his didn't match up. He does it as his hobby and 2nd job so he wanted to do a few cold run and hot runs with each tuning improvement. No sweat cuz he had 4 Z06's, 2 Termie's and 3 other LS1 cars in his shop. I can't freakin wait!!! He has a brand new DynoDynamics dynomometer (mustang stykle dyno)(Real numbers) So, I have a 96 cobra with BBK LT's, O/R H-pipe, Magnapacks catback, JLT RAI, BBK 62mm, TR-6 plugs gapped at .055" with accel coil packs. I have some 315's out back that will put a 'lil drag on the rotating mass, but all-in-all the motor has 55kmi on it so what should it run with a 93 octane SCT tune? As soon as I get the slips I will take pics and post them up. I'm hoping to break 300rwhp and 310rwtq? Is it possible?? Let me know what you guys think so I don't see 250rwhp and have to fork out a couple hundred $$$$.....lol I'd be pissed

UPDATE IS BELOW!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Black*Death
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Car is at the dyno shop!

I say 293 rwhp. Just short of 300- sorry dude but that is my guess

ORIGINAL: RuffCat

Well, I dropped the car off at the dyno tuner and will be picking it back up on saturday. I had no choice but to leave it for a week because of my schedule and his didn't match up. He does it as his hobby and 2nd job so he wanted to do a few cold run and hot runs with each tuning improvement. No sweat cuz he had 4 Z06's, 2 Termie's and 3 other LS1 cars in his shop. I can't freakin wait!!! He has a brand new DynoDynamics dynomometer (mustang stykle dyno)(Real numbers) So, I have a 96 cobra with BBK LT's, O/R H-pipe, Magnapacks catback, JLT RAI, BBK 62mm, TR-6 plugs gapped at .055" with accel coil packs. I have some 315's out back that will put a 'lil drag on the rotating mass, but all-in-all the motor has 55kmi on it so what should it run with a 93 octane SCT tune? As soon as I get the slips I will take pics and post them up. I'm hoping to break 300rwhp and 310rwtq? Is it possible?? Let me know what you guys think so I don't see 250rwhp and have to fork out a couple hundred $$$$.....lol I'd be pissed
Old 04-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

I say 285 . If you see 250 RWHP youve got something seriously wrong.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
BigSwaug

how much is it to get it tuned and dyno'd? im looking to do that soon so im just wondering how much.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:39 PM
BigSwaug

also does anyone know where a good place im michigan is to get it done?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:05 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

well i've got something wrong with spark at the time the IMRC plates open up. The power curve drops like a rock right at 32-3300 so I'm only picking up 250ish. I have to go down and see what is going on. I'll just put my deletes in them and get the tune done with them strapped open if we cannot solve the issue. Those IMRC plates are a PIA for tuning because of the many spark adding tables that are invloved. I'll keep ya's posted
Old 05-03-2008, 02:39 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

alright, went to the shop and fussed around. The dyno guy is all gm and isn't familiar with the 96-98 cobra IMRC crap. He didn't want to mess with all the extra saprk tables that are needed when the IMRC's open up. I had to wire tie them open for now. He didn't do any better than the canned tune that I had initially. He changed the air/fuel from 13.6 that it was running to 12.7 and added a tiny bit of spark from 22-2600rpms cuz it was dropping a little.
I am kinda dissapointed. It ran 268rwhp and 272rwtq on a Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer. Aren't most guys running this bone stock? WTF
Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

I did want to add that the IMRC flow was 1058 for one side and only 568 for the other while they were tied open (clogged)??? This tune is 23degrees total timing at WOT is this good or can these motors run more? 93 octane

I have Plastic delete plates that will be going in next weekend and back on the dyno. I will take a pic of the sheet and post it in a few hours
Old 05-03-2008, 08:28 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigSwaug

also does anyone know where a good place im michigan is to get it done?
Check out Livernois or Alternative Auto Performance. Both are in MI and known to do good things with stangs.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Pull out the Imrc's, I had mine zip tied and I noticed a huge difference between no imrc's and zip tied.Get gears and you wont notice I was hesitant to but its really working good for me.

Quick Reply: Car back from the dyno shop!