SVT Forums

Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:53 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

Default Dyno results

97 Cobra SCT tuned:
[ul][*]BBK LT's[*]O/R H-pipe[*]Magnapacks catback[*]V2 SQ unit[*]3.33" pulley[*]Steeda power pipe[*]IMRC delete
[/ul]Car made 11#'s of boost with set-up.

473rwhp 468rwtq
A/F is at 11.9
Timing is at 16 degrees @ WOT on 93 octane. Car would have taken 2-3 more degrees of timing, but I wanted to be somewhat conservative.

Dyno tuning was done on a Mustang Dyno. Ambient temp @ 76deg. w/ 50% rel. humidity
90mm Ligthning MAF was alomst maxed out at 998counts. Damn near the limit (1024???)

Same set-up minus supercharger made 268rwhp/276rwtq on the same dyno

No video feeds as my batteries were dead and I didn't know it.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno results

Nice #'s but is it a Forged bottom end or a ticking time bomb?
Old 07-05-2008, 02:29 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

ticking time bomb.

I rarely drive the car. This year it seen 250 miles so far and 80 was back and forth to the dyno. I don't see myself putting 4-5k miles on the car in the next 2-3 years. That's what I gave this engine for a life span. I rarely take the engine into high rpms so the only power that it will see is maybe 350-380 for the majority of the time when I romp on it. It's all to make myself feel better and braggin rights. I don't do the track and don't street race others, so I have no doubts that it will last my length of guestimation with no worries on this moderate safe tune. Car is always meticulously maintained. plugs every year and oil change twice a year regardless of mileage. This last oil change it seen 150 miles. Yup, oil was in there from last year, so out it went. Mobil 1 synthetic down the drain...lol
Motor has 54kmi origional on it and was leak down tested and compression tested before install was done to ensure top notch performance.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
1badss/sc
1st Gear Member

Awww. You should go forged so you can have some serious fun. I will be doing so evetually
Old 07-07-2008, 07:34 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

Nice numbers!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:38 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ehmark

Nice #'s but is it a Forged bottom end or a ticking time bomb?
I don't see what difference this makes to this thread?. The numbers would still be the same and the power is all there. Whether it's forged or not is my responsibility not anyone else's. Those remarks are almost like jealously remarks and they have nothing to do with the facts of the dyno sheet. I could have said I had forged, but really it makes no difference as far as power is concerned only longevity.
I took the car out today and romped on her only twice all night long. I only ran it up to 6k which is only about 400rwhp which is plenty. The car will last a long time if it's not over revved to create those extra numbers like EVERYONE always does.
I shared my information so that others have an idea what to expect as far as timing, power and mod power differences. There were a lot of questions that I had asked and most had no idea. Most everyone thought I would barely hit 425rwhp and 400rwtq on a mustang dyno. Just goes to show how little some people know. Only because they just have hear say and not real life experience. That's fine, but it's not the solid truth like I was hoping for. If I had a straight answer that I would make that kinda power I prob. would have pullied down to a 3.6 which is the stock 6-8lb pulley. The fact that I made 11lbs with LT's and IMRC delete's is astonishing to me. I thought for sure it would have been down around 9lbs.
The car is an absolute animal. Just still lacks that KenneBell low end grunt like I want! The Kennebell will be in the works when the Forged Aluminator comes knockin on my door. That's a Badazzz engine right there. It's an 03 Cobra spec'd heads/cams/internals with an Aluminum block in long block forn for $6200. Cannot go wrong, just bolt on the accessories and twin screw and you've got yourself a beast.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

No need to get pissed, It was just a question. I had no plan on telling you what everyone else says the limitsof the stock shortblock are. Sounds like a fun car
Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

I'm not pissed at all. Just kinda confused why everyone is so focused on that fact like that's all they know what to say. Whatever, i could car less. I paid only $1500 for the V2 SQ complete kit to my door so I had to buy it and install it. I couldn't find another kit like this if I tried. The guy sent me every nut and bolt that I possibly needed. The unit had under 2kmi on it and it showed as it was and all of the components spotless.
I'm amazed that it added 200rwhp and 185ft/lbs just by adding this friggin thing. Total install took 11hours to make everything perfect. Ofcourse I added an air/oil seperator, fuel & boost pressure guages and a few other small things.

Actually I don't even see this engine staying in there for maybe another year at 7-800miles if that as I never drive it. It's just my toy. Now i'm hooked and want 600rwhp....lol
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Isnt the vortech 11 psi kit intercooled? BTW I REALLY HATE YOU IF IT IS AND YOU GOT IT FOR THAT PRICE!! [sm=badbadbad.gif] JK have fun with your toy
Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 AM
mfj
Banned

awesome numbers!!! however if you had a forged low compression shortblock, the numbers would NOT be the same. Need I explain?

Quick Reply: Dyno results