Notices
SVT Forums

Terminator - 3.4 whipple vs turbo??

Old 06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: Terminator - 3.4 whipple vs turbo??

well, when i get mine, i want the hellraiser kit...dangeous i know, but odds are i'll be going with the 3.4 whipple or the 2.8 KB....anyone got opinions on that?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

my opinon on that is why? with the hellraiser kit cars are putting down over 1000 whp with just the eaton. i jsut don't see the benefit of spending the etr to go twin screw for that set up.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:45 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Am I the only one thinking that maybe you should just buy the car and drive it for a while until you get use to the power?? I mean heck, you're going to take a 12 second car, and turn it into a 10 second car... there can't be many other cars you've driven this powerful (even a stock Cobra)... im not tryin to be a d*ck, just don't want you to hurt yourself goin that fast that quick...

And my choice for the record, is neither... build the motor with better internals, fuel system, suspension.. then do TT, plus nitrous. Use the nitrous to help with turbo lag and adios you be gone....!

But regardless with either option you are forced to upgrade the fuel system, clutch, suspension, etc. so might as well do it the right way if you want to run real power.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:19 AM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

Am I the only one thinking that maybe you should just buy the car and drive it for a while until you get use to the power?? I mean heck, you're going to take a 12 second car, and turn it into a 10 second car... there can't be many other cars you've driven this powerful (even a stock Cobra)... im not tryin to be a d*ck, just don't want you to hurt yourself goin that fast that quick...

And my choice for the record, is neither... build the motor with better internals, fuel system, suspension.. then do TT, plus nitrous. Use the nitrous to help with turbo lag and adios you be gone....!

But regardless with either option you are forced to upgrade the fuel system, clutch, suspension, etc. so might as well do it the right way if you want to run real power.

eh, im goin for the gold son. As of right now i have a H/I + Vortec 5.0 (for sale) and a geared out 97 cobra. I'm not a stranger at all to fast cars,ive built a few. ill probably end up going turbo.

Also, How stout is the bottom end to these cars? I've heard its not really necessary to touch it, but i dont really have much experience with these cars..
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Non-forged pistons are the weak point on those cars is my understanding.
Seen quite a few melted pistons out of those engines.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

my opinon on that is why? with the hellraiser kit cars are putting down over 1000 whp with just the eaton. i jsut don't see the benefit of spending the etr to go twin screw for that set up.
well i called my buddy who is a shop owner, the turn around for the hellraiser kit would not suit me but still will be doing it.....yeah i know the power level it produces, but im not worried about it...this will be my street killer/race car. Melanie is still My favorite, but i dont like racing her I love showing her, so i need something to pound on.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

well i called my buddy who is a shop owner, the turn around for the hellraiser kit would not suit me but still will be doing it.....yeah i know the power level it produces, but im not worried about it...this will be my street killer/race car. Melanie is still My favorite, but i dont like racing her I love showing her, so i need something to pound on.

so you have another car? can i see it post some pictures ftw
Old 06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

yeah i've got an 2003 mach 1 a 1967 coupe (rebuilt in 30 days, and wife was not happy), and my wife has a 2002 jetta
Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The Terminator doesn't have non-forged pistons... Their weakness is the heads... They flow ok, but they're pop from excessive heat...

There are a lot of 700rwhp daily driven terminators.. have even seen some in the 800.... and a couple in the high 900/low 1000rwhp.... however those don't last that long (the 900+rwhp), lol....

ok if you're not stranger to the cars then ok.. just checking... one just never knows.. a lot people get money do stupid stuff, then hurt and/or kill someone or themselves, that's all..

But i would still build the motor all the way up before doing it... and if you can do both at the same time.. I think turbo cars are a bit more fun with the bit of juice...

ORIGINAL: r.barn

Non-forged pistons are the weak point on those cars is my understanding.
Seen quite a few melted pistons out of those engines.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

just get a turbo with a 2 step. no lag.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Terminator - 3.4 whipple vs turbo??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.