SVT Forums

Best bolt-ons for 96 Cobra

Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Tangerine96GT

Default RE: Best bolt-ons for 96 Cobra

haha my dad is fine with it being on there but my mom doesn't go with it. i've been looking for an intake for awhile now and there hard to come by on ebay
Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Dilireus
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tangerine96GT

i'm only 16 thats why my mom is telling me what to do. as for mods i wouldn't want to get into the engine, just cold air intake, tb, and things as far as that goes. It does have the mark viii intake on it right now and i am looking for a cobra intake. i found this one on ebay. can anyone tell me if that would work well or not? Also, i do want to sell the supercharger when we take it off soon if you were actually interested in it.
That intake has very short runners. It will work great if you're spinning the crap out of your engine (9,000 rpm). For a stock engine, though, it would absolutely kill your torque.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Dilireus
2nd Gear Member

I do but i have tried posting pictures before and can't get them to work right
The easiest solution is to create an account on some site like photobucket.com. You then upload your pictures there. The site provides URLs to each of the pictures your upload that you can use to add images. Simply copy the URL listed for the desired picture and paste it in your message. Then select the link with your mouse and click the "image" button. It's pretty easy, but you have to try it to see what I'm talking about.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Dilireus
2nd Gear Member

BTW, your stock throttle body is more than adequate. It is not a restriction on your stock engine, so you would just be wasting money if you replaced it. You would not make more power by changing it.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

you might be able to find a cobra intake/plenum somewhere on here or on a diff set of boards. like svtp.

but like stated, there is not reason to get a new TB(unless you are going forced induction). Which you already are, so my question is this; is a stock TB on the car now? or no?

and if nothing with the engine.. O i did forget one mod. FRPP 9mm wires(100 bucks, and they are the best out there). otherwise like i said. full exahust, short throw, CAI, Xcal2/3, gears(rebuild whole rear ide say(depending on what u plan on doing with/to the car))
Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Tangerine96GT

alright thanks. i would really like to reach 280 rwhp when we get it redynoed and not have to open up the motor.

Here are some pictures, i just took them with my cell phone, there not the greatest

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Mustang14.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Mustang13.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Mustang12.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Mustang11.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Mustang10.jpg
Old 07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

it looks good... But here is what you do.. I couldnt see those chrome tips for ****! from behind the car(coulda just been the camera and lighting lol) but really they werent bad pictures from a camera phone, i was surprised. Ummm get bigger(diff exchaust if its flows) chrome tips, but like i said that depends on if it was just the camera..

Take off the BOSS vyinal on the rear bumper, and tint your tail lights.. Will make it look A TON better i think.. specailly from the rear.. and youll be all set

otherwise its looking pretty good, i like it!! Of course, though, my cobra is orange lol..
Old 07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Tangerine96GT

Yeah i'm taking the boss stripes off and getting a different hood. i'm thinking im going to go mostly orange. The chrome tips are tiny but it has LT headers and prochamber with 2.5 cat back, i believe i'm getting slp mufflers, flowmasters now. For the tail lights what do i do there? i have seen them blacked out and stuff but how do you do it?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:59 PM
TX97GT
2nd Gear Member

i kind of like the boss on the sides. Not really on the rear bumper. Its a pretty sharp car
Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Yeah i'm taking the boss stripes off and getting a different hood. i'm thinking im going to go mostly orange. The chrome tips are tiny but it has LT headers and prochamber with 2.5 cat back, i believe i'm getting slp mufflers, flowmasters now. For the tail lights what do i do there? i have seen them blacked out and stuff but how do you do it?
they have a spray at autozone for like $12 for the tails, TAKE THEM OUT then spray them make sure you do it even, i did it for a friend of mine and it turned out incredible, i might do it to mine if i buy some black wheels imo yet.

edit: also im not too fond of the wheels on that, you might like em thats just my opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best bolt-ons for 96 Cobra