SVT Forums

anyone want to persuade me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone want to persuade me?

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

How about we persuade you into buying a 03 cobra over a 03 mach1!!!!
haha that is my dream car, but I just dont see me being able to afford it as a 20 yr old college student, even with my spotless driving record I dunno how my insurance will like it. My dad works at a car dealership so i can hopefully get a good deal but I dunno, will I be really disappointed if I go with a mach over a 03 cobra? (BTW I have pretty much put to rest the idea of an 01 cobra, just doesnt seem worth it)
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Well, you're talking about 100rwhp in regards to the Terminator vs Mach 1. Along with a forged motor, and much better response to mods. What you save, is the headache... A lot of stupid things happen with most Terminator Cobras.

The Mach is a better buy then the Cobra on almost every level. Rarer car, more power, better interior, SRA vs the IRS (which is probably the crappiest IRS made)...

I went from a 04' GT, to a 03' Cobra, to a 03' Mach 1... You won't be dissapointed with the Mach 1, but you will be if you get an 01' Cobra and then drive a 03/04Mach 1
Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tws1098

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

How about we persuade you into buying a 03 cobra over a 03 mach1!!!!
haha that is my dream car, but I just dont see me being able to afford it as a 20 yr old college student, even with my spotless driving record I dunno how my insurance will like it. My dad works at a car dealership so i can hopefully get a good deal but I dunno, will I be really disappointed if I go with a mach over a 03 cobra? (BTW I have pretty much put to rest the idea of an 01 cobra, just doesnt seem worth it)
I'm only 20 and go to school also. But I also work 2 jobs well going to school lol. But I can't dis on a mach1. I had a 2004 mach1 b4 I bought my s197 which sold to bought my cobra. Mach1s are awsome and you won't be dissapointed with one. Let us know what you get. But really explore your options with what you want to achive in hp/tq. Just remember you start out with high hp already if you buy a terminator.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
baino
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

Well, you're talking about 100rwhp in regards to the Terminator vs Mach 1. Along with a forged motor, and much better response to mods. What you save, is the headache... A lot of stupid things happen with most Terminator Cobras.

The Mach is a better buy then the Cobra on almost every level. Rarer car, more power, better interior, SRA vs the IRS (which is probably the crappiest IRS made)...

I went from a 04' GT, to a 03' Cobra, to a 03' Mach 1... You won't be dissapointed with the Mach 1, but you will be if you get an 01' Cobra and then drive a 03/04Mach 1
I dont know man, I've test drove alot of mach before I settled on my cobra. I like some of the styling on the mach but other than that, I like driving the cobra better. To each his own though
Old 07-31-2008, 03:36 AM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

If you can pull of a terminator go for it. If not I think the Mach 1 would be just as badass. You gotta love the shaker hood. I agree its rarer and has nice styling cues. So the question is now.... do you want more performance, or more style?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:51 AM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: the_camo_snake

If you can pull of a terminator go for it. If not I think the Mach 1 would be just as badass. You gotta love the shaker hood. I agree its rarer and has nice styling cues. So the question is now.... do you want more performance, or more style?
How about both? lol I guess I could achieve that with a s/c'd mach right?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

ive noticed that a few termi's are close in price to some mach 1s around here. those are all well kept though. occasionally you find some real cheap machs. although if your dad works at a dealership what i said doesn't mean a thing! get a deal on a termi!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:48 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I paid 15k for my mach with 25k on the clock stock. There isn't one well kept terminator close to that. There are several 03' Machs with lower milage in the low to mid teens... 12-15k...

Can't find a terminator in good condition for that...

and if you liked the throttle response in the 01' Cobra more, I think that's your head.. or you liked the IRS...
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Black*Death
2nd Gear Member

Personally I think the Cobra name carries more weight than the Mach 1. Don't here many none Mustang guys talking about a Mach 1, but the average person knows what a Mustang Cobra is. I say get the 2001 Cobra and swap for Solid real axle and you will defiantely be as fastas aMach 1. The Mach has some nice exterior mods but nothing looks as cool as the Cobra on the fender IMO
Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I had a Cobra and a Mach 1... you're right everyone knows what a Cobra is.. but when people ask and I have a "mach 1" - They go "wow really??" even though my Terminator was more to gasp about then my Mach; they don't all know what a mach 1 is but they remember hearing about the old mach 1's.. but that's just what i've noticed.

and black death - you're wrong. If you swap a SRA into the Cobra - the Mach will still be faster.. different motor and gearing go into that. Basically, if you want to have a SRA Cobra thats faster then a Mach 1 - you really have to spend close to $2500.00 between the Rear axle, tuning and gearing swaps that are needed.

and it's a matter of preference but, I do also like the Mach 1 interior vs the Cobra interior.

Contrary to popular belief, I have gotten more compliments from random people in the Mach, then I did in the Terminator...

Quick Reply: anyone want to persuade me?