SVT Forums

New Guy, Funny name, proud ford owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 12:26 AM
superbean

Default New Guy, Funny name, proud ford owner

I'm new on the boards here and would like to introduce myself. My name is Randy "bean", and this saturday I will be picking up a 1998 Cobra. Yes I am only 18, and no daddy didn't buy it for me. I have alot of background in building imports.. mostly nissans. My last project was an rb powered 240sx (skyline 6 cyl engine), did all the body work, paint, motor swap, tuning and performance parts myself. The car turned out awesome but is really more of a track car than a fun car to drive every day.

So.. I put the car up on a honda forum, go figure, and someone offered to trade me a decent cobra mustang. I have always wanted a GT, preferablly the 94-98 body style, and since it was a cobra that is stone stock, i though it was a one time chance type deal.

I'm looking forward to having a car that has comfy seats, nice exhaust tone, air conditioning and power everything, which my 240 did not. Honestly, I could care less about gas mileage just to hear the 4v exhaust note.

any way, I used to own a camaro before the nissan, but it was an automatic and boring, but I would like to get back into my american car roots. Mustangs have always had this stigma of being a fast car out of the shoot, which is incorrect, but thank goodness ford has blessed us with a car that only needs exhaust, gears and simple induction mods to put the hurt on other contenders.

I'm looking forward to being a ford owner, as well as joining the mustang cult so to speak.

Cheers! - Randy
Old 08-01-2008, 04:39 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Guy, Funny name, proud ford owner

w00t 4.10 gears for the win, and you dont have to worry about gettin an auto cobra
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 AM
superbean

^ No auto for me! lol I plan on doing a full exhaust (still tying to decide what x pipe/h pipe and what mufflers sound best), coils and maybe some hid's.

What leads the ford mustang realm in terms of coilover suspension? I used to swim with a guy whos father had a 97 cobra and he let me drive it, i forgot what brand of coils it had, but it handled amazing!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the car! and congrats on coming back to the american muscle!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 PM
pitmitch910
2nd Gear Member

hit up VVME for HIDs, 410 gears, fullexhaust, a tune, and intake are the most effective mods for a sn-95 cobra
Old 08-01-2008, 09:28 PM
superbean

alright! good to hear! Gears and exhaust are top on my list. The car is in great shape minus one small dent on the drivers fender. Nothing my friend can't fix since he works at a body shop.. it's nice to know people haha

Tuition fees are due this week, so i will have to wait for parts, but they are coming!

as for the gears, I believe the stock ratio is 3.2x, .. 4.10s are a little too steep for daily driving, so i'm looking at a 3.73 gear which would help tremendously, but keep highway rpm a bit lower.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

3.27s are stock, theres plenty of people on here that will argue 4.10s aren't horrible for dd, im pretty sure even a few have 4.30s for daily drivers, but in the end its ur call.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:07 AM
superbean

Picked her up today! Runs awesome, sounds great! Let the modding begin!
Old 08-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

First you can start off by posting some pics of her b4 you start to mod it!
Old 08-03-2008, 01:50 AM
superbean

Here is a picture sent by the previous owner. Ill snap some more pictures tomarrow.

Ordering bbk h pipe catless and flowmaster catback

Quick Reply: New Guy, Funny name, proud ford owner