SVT Forums

svt owners help cnt decide to trade my car 4 cobra

Old 09-13-2008, 12:27 AM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

Thats a helluva good price. Even if the motor blows just replace it and your still sitting good on total price with a brand new motor.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:32 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

the only reason its so high now is b/c he got a sound system in it worth 3k with all new door speakers and 2 tvs and more stuff in the back and he dont want to take em out. but anyways..... you think its worth selling my car and getting it?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:39 AM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

With all that stuff in it already and Cobra motors will run a really long time if you take care of them. Yes I would. Seriously bottom line ythe motor blows or the tranny blows you would have less than one with low miles would be.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:43 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

well you might have just convinced me, worst comes i can always sell the subs and tvs lol to repair what i need.

Forgot to mention the airbags were deployed once. i dont know if i should be afraid of that or not......
Old 09-13-2008, 12:48 AM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

Can you tell if there was damage to the front? Run a Carfax report to see if it was in a major accident. You could part the thing out and make more money than you put into it for that much too.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:49 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

yes there was damage not sure how much, its all fixed tho, besides the airbags.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 AM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

GO FOR IT!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:16 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by McCloud
Do you owe the bank more than the car is worth?

Also, the best mileage you ever GUESSED you got got cruising in overdrive on the highway is not really relevant to the mileage discussion.

I have actually MEASURED it and I get 9mpg inthe city driving it like I stole it which is the only way one can drive these cars.

This summer I spent almost $1000 to have clutch installed.

Last summer I spent almost $1000 on tires.

I expect to have to install another set of tires next summer and probably replace the alternator which is common to fail around 40-50k which is where I will be. That will be another $1000 easily.

So my personal EXPERIENCE is that it costs a lot for gas and about a grand every summer for whatever and that is what I already said.

Everything with a Cobra is more expensive and repair/mod expenses are frequent.
9mpg... there is either something wrong with your car and by driving it like u stole it u mean taking it to redline between every stopsign/light and slamming the brakes so you don't go into the intersection or hit someone... which is just retarded. If you learn how to do simple tasks like replace an alternator or a clutch(slightly more complicated but still very doable) you will save yourself alot of money... and if youre buying $800 tires and just burning them off you're not very bright lol. Buy some used tires or some cheap ones if u do burnouts every day.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

I would also stick with the 01 Cobra....V6 or Cobra? ...come on, Cobra anytime!

Also, my last trip in the 03 Cobra to PA with the AC on, wife & two kids, 22 mpg on the h'way!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't touch that Cobra.. if his airbags deployed, he hit something decently hard.. I think at least around 10-15mph which can cause good amounts of damage...

The way that you're thinking about this is all wrong... Yes, for 6k you buy this car.. you have to replace the motor.... 5k for a new 4.6 DOHC motor... saying you can put it in yourself... but that also means down time.. do you have another car? All the other parts also have a ton of wear and tear on them.. clutch, tranny, trac loc, etc.

I just don't see how buying any car with that high of miles (sports car at that) is a smart idea... The 6k car in the end will cost you close to 20 imo when all is said and done...

The motors are strong, but if he's at 110 now, you can be sure to be up to at least 150k on the clock in 2 years... Thats A LOT of miles.

If you can afford it, like I said before trade the car for something like a low milage 1999/2001 Cobra, or 2003/04 Mach 1 (if you like the car)... but I wouldn't touch that other car..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: svt owners help cnt decide to trade my car 4 cobra