SVT Forums

Stiegemeyer Ported blower Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 AM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

Default Stiegemeyer Ported blower Questions

I was looking into getting some more power out of my car but I dont have the money right now to get a Kenny Bell..I heard of a Stage 4 or 5 Stiegemeyer Ported blower...It is only 800.00 to do that.. That is more my price range..My question is does anybody have this done to there car already? Do they run harder? How much boost is safe for a good tune with it? I just thought It was a good deal for the price.... How much horse can it give you typically? I dont post much but Im on here all the time...Im also new on the Terminator Scene.SI IM trying to polish my skills... Also anybody from Evansville Indiana?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Well If your car is bone stock I woulds start with some of the basics. Do the head cooling mod, Then get yourself a Pulley kit and a good tune or tuner. Start with that.

I promise you will feel a big difference.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Good advise ^^^^ ...I did they cooling & 2.93 upper pulley change and to date I've run a 12.09 @ 117.6...you'll feel a big difference from stock...you will need a tune...
Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 PM
2FastMotorsports

gread advice. Get some mods done first then see how you like it?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:38 PM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

I understand what you guys are saying....I already had in mind starting with the cooling mod... radiator and heat exchanger...pulley and tune....I was just wondering if this is a safe thing to do or should I just save for a kenny bell? I want to get my car ready to handle the power rather then just adding it..t hanks guys..any other suggs...?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:48 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Honestly, it is safe but it wont net you nearly as much as a KB. from what i've seen ported Eatons will get you about 500rwhp and you can usually get about 450+ with the stock blower with just a pulley and tune.

I would do the basics and then save up for the KB and then you can hit ~600 hp.

Also you are going to be have to be careful your rear end my decide to explode i would look into a diff brace, but there is controversy about if it actually helps. You could also look into an SRA swap.

Last edited by defconfire; 10-21-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM
cohhbra
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by defconfire
Honestly, it is safe but it wont net you nearly as much as a KB. from what i've seen ported Eatons will get you about 500rwhp and you can usually get about 450+ with the stock blower with just a pulley and tune.

I would do the basics and then save up for the KB and then you can hit ~600 hp.

Also you are going to be have to be careful your rear end my decide to explode i would look into a diff brace, but there is controversy about if it actually helps. You could also look into an SRA swap.
how much is safe for the irs?
not to steal the thread but let's say i went the pulley closest to stock size and a tune, how much extra do you think that would get me?
Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I've seen 40+ rwhp from just a tune. And each additional psi is good for about 15 more rwhp with the stock blower.

I honestly dont know how strong the IRS is, but I have seen people use for road race w/o any problems, But its tends to show its faults on the 1320 with sticky tires.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

+1 on the sticky tires...If you run at the track with street tires OR DR's, not too bad on the IRS...

If you go with a KB, your going to need 60# injectors, PAB, Real Good tune...You can still make 500rwhp with stock blower without changing injectors...your car is stock...GO SLOW with the changes!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:27 PM
mfj
Banned

+1 on everything that has already been said, lol...

Quick Reply: Stiegemeyer Ported blower Questions