SVT Forums

anyone seen any beast N/A 4.6 4vs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 12:12 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poisoned Pony
off the top of my head, I remember this guy from when I was stationed in Texas. '01 Cobra, cammed, .020 over, 353rwhp. Mod list is in the 1st post.

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/...psi-32150.html
Quote:
damn John, that's gonna be a beast! What numbers are you hoping for?

Well, unfortunately, the numbers are nowhere near expected. There are issues that's keeping the motor from running its' full potential. Once those issues are resolved, who knows. I'm just looking forward to having this thing run the way it's supposed to be run (and run right for the $$$ I paid that shop) - I'm in good hands now though.

Also his port is stage 3 and i think hes still on B heads.... WAAAAAY to much intake port for an N/A 4.6..
Old 11-16-2008, 12:56 AM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
Quote:
damn John, that's gonna be a beast! What numbers are you hoping for?

Well, unfortunately, the numbers are nowhere near expected. There are issues that's keeping the motor from running its' full potential. Once those issues are resolved, who knows. I'm just looking forward to having this thing run the way it's supposed to be run (and run right for the $$$ I paid that shop) - I'm in good hands now though.

Also his port is stage 3 and i think hes still on B heads.... WAAAAAY to much intake port for an N/A 4.6..
As I've said before, a B-head can be great for N/A motors, it's just not as great on mildly modded motors. A B-headed car that has stage 3 port, cams, intake, bolt ons, will net as much, if not more than a C head car. That's why I went B-head for my GT, I plan on going high-end N/A work with high RPMs which I'll greatly benefit from with that "WAAAAAY" too much intake, don't take offense, but I feel like you don't have much confidence in the B head cars which has become protocol for guys who believe just because C head cars came with better performance stock, which means they are ultimately better overall, which is wrong.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 AM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
i'm in MD too, what track/county do u run at?
live in Charles County, Cobb Island to be exact. Run at Maryland International Raceway (MIR). Track site is mirdrag.com
Old 11-16-2008, 03:45 PM
mfj
Banned

Just build the damn thing already, and quit asking the same god damned questions over and over...

And B heads for high rpm hp, FTW... If your building a N/A Cobra, you want a lot of gear, and a lot of rpm, and the B heads are better suited to that...

Last edited by mfj; 11-16-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:49 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
Just build the damn thing already, and quit asking the same god damned questions over and over...
Hey we're all particular with our goals and want them to be as perfect as can be, so if he has questions then let people answer them. I can feel him somewhat because if I recall the guy is 18 or so, so am I, and with limited knowledge it's nice to have input from whoever can help.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:34 PM
mfj
Banned

Ah... kids kids kids...
Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

With na cars, you want the most free flow heads as possible!!! The faster you can get the air in then out the faster you can get more air in then out. The better the flow between intake manafold, heads, cams, exhaust, the better power you will make. If you go with hudge head and cams your tq may suffer a little but your power will be great and be wayyy up in the rpm range. 11's won't be a problem, put some crazzy gears in the rear and shift the crap out of it and you will be just fine. But like I have said many times before, to get your hp and tq higher you SHOULD get a 5.1. It will help mellow out your cams for daily driving if you decide to go with a massive cam setup and bring your power band down a little lower in the rpm range and bring your tq up a little there is no reason not tooo... And yes we did jack your thread a lil but ls cars are a perfect example of great na setups...
-Shane
Old 11-16-2008, 04:41 PM
mfj
Banned

Get some 4.56 gears...
Old 11-16-2008, 08:47 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
live in Charles County, Cobb Island to be exact. Run at Maryland International Raceway (MIR). Track site is mirdrag.com
ahh yeah its a ways from me i was there for domesitc/import finals.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj

And B heads for high rpm hp, FTW... If your building a N/A Cobra, you want a lot of gear, and a lot of rpm, and the B heads are better suited to that...
find the thread where i asked this same question.

if you don't like to see em don't log into MF im sure no one will miss you.

Quick Reply: anyone seen any beast N/A 4.6 4vs?