MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Forums (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums-34/)
-   -   rear speakers on convertible (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums/511477-rear-speakers-on-convertible.html)

Blackvenom01 01-18-2009 06:00 PM

rear speakers on convertible

So about a month ago the weather was change like 50-60 degrees between night and day here in ohio and the cobra got condensation and stuff on it from the rapid changes...well i think i got some in the rear speakers the subs to be exact...i turned it on and turned the radio on and i had this horrible loud screching droning sound like you get on your tv for sever weather warning but much worse and louder...i immediately shut the car off and had to turn it back on to drive it and it happened about 3 more times...since then the base has sucked i turned it up real high today and put my hand on the speaker to feel the air displacement and felt not then felt the tweeter and i could feel the vibrations....so my question is is there a fuse for them separate from under the hood or is that it....any suggestions for anything...wires fried??? idk just wondering what i could do

jrf 01-18-2009 06:22 PM

I'm wondering if water didn't just get in and ruin the speakers. I highly dout that you fried any wires and the fuses usually run from side to side so if they were the problem you would most likely here it in the tweeters as well. I would try and some how rig up some other crappie speakers and see if it does it with them. If not then its the speakers.

Mustang3GT07 01-18-2009 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by jrf (Post 5854062)
I'm wondering if water didn't just get in and ruin the speakers. I highly dout that you fried any wires and the fuses usually run from side to side so if they were the problem you would most likely here it in the tweeters as well. I would try and some how rig up some other crappie speakers and see if it does it with them. If not then its the speakers.

+1....It does sound like you might have got some water in your speakers.

Blackvenom01 01-18-2009 08:42 PM

ok guys thanks i just never thought that my car would condensate so bad that it would mess up my speakers...

Mustang3GT07 01-18-2009 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Blackvenom01 (Post 5854603)
ok guys thanks i just never thought that my car would condensate so bad that it would mess up my speakers...

Yup just another reason why I got a coupe. Well look at it this way, I don't know what kinda speakers you had but if there shot now you should upgrade to some JL Audio's :D.

Blackvenom01 01-19-2009 07:42 AM

haha i wish i had a coupe but it was a deal that i couldnt pass up at the time....but ya its just the stock mach 460 i hope it did just fry the speakers because i remember on my old couple each sub had an amp i figured it would be the same on the conv cause it has the same system

jrf 01-19-2009 04:21 PM

Yeah I almost went with a conv myself just because of the deal but I took one more day and luckily found my coupe. It's all good though just if you have a garage or have to wait till spring just check all the weather strippings.

Blackvenom01 01-19-2009 08:38 PM

ya i got her in the garage it went down to 20 deg at night and 60 during the day and as soon as i opened the garage door the warm air hit and and it got dew like that has never happened to me before