SVT Forums

Termi fuel upgrade q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:16 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blownsvt
in that case just the Bap should get you over the 600 mark. One question though. why go to the cobra pumps/tank? the svt focus pumps are stronger and can likely get you to that mark with no bap at all. Or for about the cost of the bap and probably less you could get gt supercar pumps that will also get you to that range.
i have absolutely no reason to want to get the termi tank/pumps for anything other than to support the 6-700 rwhp ill have. So if theres a cheaper way to go to support that hp than the termi tank/pumps (which is going to cost me about $800-1000 minimum after its said and done) then hell ill do it.

Yes the SVT focus pumps flow awesome, but what are you suggesting? To get the termi tank and use DUAL svt pumps (which i heard thats not a good idea) instead of the stock cobra pumps+BAP? or to just stick with my stock tank and do a BAP with my svt focus pump i have now?

I can do ford GT pumps?! How? What will i need to modify/buy to make them work? you said pump(S) so will i need 2? thanks in advance
Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

alot of the cobra guys just switch their pumps to either focus pumps or gt supercar pumps rather than doing the bap. why do you have to change the tank? i am not familar with what the difference is between a gt tank and a cobra tank. the super car pumps are about $150 or so from what i have heard which is about half of what a Bap costs.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-...et-of-2-p-8159

sounds like they can go right into any 99+ GT or cobra.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

the cobra tank is sumped the gt is not. i just ordered some stainless steel sheet metal and welded up a sump and epoxyed it in the tank, modified my gt hat and dropped in a second focus pump. i should be good for whenever i can afford forged internals lol. btw this cost me under 200 bux.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by livefast1
the cobra tank is sumped the gt is not. i just ordered some stainless steel sheet metal and welded up a sump and epoxyed it in the tank, modified my gt hat and dropped in a second focus pump. i should be good for whenever i can afford forged internals lol. btw this cost me under 200 bux.
show me a stock cobra tank that it sumped? mine sures hell wasn't. I bought an aftermarket one that was when i changed my fuel system.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:11 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

bump, i need to know the difference between the gt tank and the cobra tank as well. i say this because many people told me to just use the cobra fuel hat with the dual pumps
Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

its an internal sump not external i believe you swapped to a returnless didn't you. if you put twin pumps in an unmodified tank the fuel will run away from the pumps. fyi.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

http://www.joelynch.org/fuel/pump.html

thats a link to what gave me the idea, i thought cutting up a plastic gas tank was straight ghetto but he said it worked runnin 10.30s i believe.

so i bought some stainless steel plate, welded up a similair baffle and epoxyed (fancy way of saying jb welded) it in the tank. works flawlessy so far. then i just used some of the stainless to make a hanger for the twin pumps instead of the ford basket setup.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by livefast1
its an internal sump not external i believe you swapped to a returnless didn't you. if you put twin pumps in an unmodified tank the fuel will run away from the pumps. fyi.
there is no sump in a stock cobra tank. just baffels that hold the fuel around the pumps. there is not a "sumped" low spot in the stock tank. the cars have a returnless system stock. I went to a return style system.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

whats the benefits of a return style fuel system

Quick Reply: Termi fuel upgrade q's