SVT Forums

PATS problem! plz help asap

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 AM
BlackLX_92
2nd Gear Member

Default PATS problem! plz help asap

ok so i think im having problems with my pats system i just put a new motor in my car and its not wanting to start now its turning over but no fire. i was told its prolly done becuz of my pats system is there anyway i can disable/ bypass pats with my sct tuner?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:27 PM
akagreg

Originally Posted by BlackLX_92
ok so i think im having problems with my pats system i just put a new motor in my car and its not wanting to start now its turning over but no fire. i was told its prolly done becuz of my pats system is there anyway i can disable/ bypass pats with my sct tuner?
i got the same problem change my heads and the car wont get fire i refuss to have my car towed to a dealership for my pats to be reprogramed this is a conspiracy becuse ford did not take the bailout sct wont work it wont even read the tuner iv found in the fourms that a Directed E Bypass modules for ford mabe a way to bypass the pats ? think ill try one first 20$ on the net found on road dead

Last edited by akagreg; 06-28-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 PM
1999 GT
3rd Gear Member

change the fuse under the hood of your car, in the ford fuse box i thin it is like the 3rd one down it is yellow and has the number 10 on it, my buddys cobra did the same thing, and now shes back and running, its a 2 dollar fuse from auto zone...
Old 06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
akagreg

Originally Posted by 1999 GT
change the fuse under the hood of your car, in the ford fuse box i thin it is like the 3rd one down it is yellow and has the number 10 on it, my buddys cobra did the same thing, and now shes back and running, its a 2 dollar fuse from auto zone...
my cars been down for month if it was just a fuse that be nice sins the car ran find before i took it apart and all the fuse look good i dont think its that but im willing to try any thing hell ill change all the fuses in the hole car
Old 06-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

If it was a PATS problem, the THEFT light will be flashing rapidly while trying to start the car.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:07 AM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

ya the thef tlight should be flashing like mad, trust me tho dud eit was cobra that had the fuse, the thing would crank but not turn over or not crank at all, so i also didtn belive it was a fuse, i took apart the steering column everythign, and i was laughing as i turned the key when i replaced the fuse becaus4e it fired right up, it was the stupidest thing ever, i carry a back up one in my center console, so trust me...do that
Old 06-29-2009, 03:24 PM
akagreg

Originally Posted by 5.0 85 GT
ya the thef tlight should be flashing like mad, trust me tho dud eit was cobra that had the fuse, the thing would crank but not turn over or not crank at all, so i also didtn belive it was a fuse, i took apart the steering column everythign, and i was laughing as i turned the key when i replaced the fuse becaus4e it fired right up, it was the stupidest thing ever, i carry a back up one in my center console, so trust me...do that
my car theft light is flashing then stop then does one flash then flash about 6 times repeats yup just went and check to make sure so i did fill stuiped it flash wille trying to start the car like i said ill change all the fuse in the car if that will fix it without take it to the dealer or a locksmith dealer 80$ to reprogram pats locksmith 150$ to come over

Last edited by akagreg; 06-29-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:19 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

no replace tat fuse, it number ten its yellow it is 3rd down from the top in the fuse box cover under the hood on the drivers side....do that..ahaha
Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 PM
akagreg

Originally Posted by 5.0 85 GT
no replace tat fuse, it number ten its yellow it is 3rd down from the top in the fuse box cover under the hood on the drivers side....do that..ahaha
check all your grounds theres one under the battery that goes to the fuse box that was my problem and two that go to the moter mount good luck
Old 07-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Caturix

Hmmm...Since this is a PATS thread I think I'll throw my PATS problem out there...A lil while ago I broke a key off in the ignition so I took it to the Ford dealership in Manchester where they supposedly programed a new key to my car...But now when I start it I have to have the old key held up to the new one...Guess I may have to keep doing this till I get the time/money to get it programed right.

Quick Reply: PATS problem! plz help asap