SVT Forums

1000 ft-lb Clutch and Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
dirtydave289
3rd Gear Member

what exactly does the 'remote' refer to?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
I'm going to go ahead and call BULLSHI.T!!! No person in their right mind would do this...

High compression combined with 30+ psi boost is simply TOO MUCH cylinder pressure, to run 91 octane. ESPECIALLY ON A TURBO CAR...

You are HIGH!!!

Also, if you want to get ALL scientific with me, then your figure of water being able to cool 17x more efficiently than air, is not an accurate measurement, because we are dealing with high air flow. Yes, thermal transfer, in STILL water is 17 times better than thermal transfer in MOTIONLESS air, but that does not apply to a object being subject to water FLOW or air FLOW...

Quad Remote Mounts?! LMAO!!

This has got to be a ****ing joke!

i agree with you man. this build is going to cost so much money it is not even funny. if the cost of the car to buy it was say 25k i would estimate around 100k if not more to pull something like this off. totally assinine.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:16 PM
CotyStiles

'Remote mount' refers to the turbocharges being mounted beyond the firewall.

Regarding the still air/water vs moving air/water, the rate of heat transfer will still be 17 times higher, if the substances are flowing at the same rate.
On a dyno, the rate of air flow will be either 0, or the maximum flow rate of the fan in front of the car. Either way, the air will not be flowing 17 times faster than cold water being pumped by 12V water pumps at any flow rate desired...
Additionally, the use of a copper heat transfer core as opposed to an aluminum core will yield about a 20% gain in efficiency.

If the engine is built to take 1500 horsepower, I really don't see the problem of flowing enough air through 4 compressors rather than 2.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM
CotyStiles

Originally Posted by Blownsvt
i agree with you man. this build is going to cost so much money it is not even funny. if the cost of the car to buy it was say 25k i would estimate around 100k if not more to pull something like this off. totally assinine.
Car and engine cost me 9000.
4 turbos (via MasterPower sponsorship) 1400.
Custom exhaust plumbing 1500.
Magnaflow mufflers (x4) 280.
Hand-built custom intercoolers (x3) 300.
And the body modifications will cost me sheetmetal and time.
That's 12,480...including the car and engine.
I estimate with all of the additional small parts, water pumps, oil pumps, reservoirs and such, the full bill will be around 20,000. Not alot to pay for 1000 horsepower.

Where exactly would you get the 100,000 dollar estimate?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM
mfj
Banned

^^ Yeah, you're definitely full of crap... GTFO...

Where's your fuel system?

Where's your two grand for a F.A.S.T. XFI? Because I know that you're not running those levels on the stock computer with a chip. Especially with EVERYTHING you got going on...

Wheres the LABOR it will take to COMPLETELY butcher up your car and refabricate a body that will replace it? Because I know you don't plan on sawzauing the whole body, lmao!

Who's going to tune that REDICULOUS set up? Since it's 4 REMOTE mounted turbos, are you also going to fit 4 separate oil pumps for each turbo, since they SURE as hell aren't going to gravity fed.

YOU obviously aren't doing the work yourself, because just by how you talk, its obvious that you do not wrench... Who the hell are you going to get to do this for you, for under $20,000 in pure labor?

Yeah, you're a joke. I may be a *****, but I am still reasonable. You are HIGH! And I still think that this is a joke...

Last edited by mfj; 05-28-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CotyStiles
Car and engine cost me 9000.
4 turbos (via MasterPower sponsorship) 1400.
Custom exhaust plumbing 1500.
Magnaflow mufflers (x4) 280.
Hand-built custom intercoolers (x3) 300.
And the body modifications will cost me sheetmetal and time.
That's 12,480...including the car and engine.
I estimate with all of the additional small parts, water pumps, oil pumps, reservoirs and such, the full bill will be around 20,000. Not alot to pay for 1000 horsepower.

Where exactly would you get the 100,000 dollar estimate?

the fact that i am in nearly $60k on my own near 1000 hp single turbo car. It adds up really quick if you do it all right. my fuel system alone to deliever enough gas to make 1000 hp cost over $3k. My rear end build to support putting that kind of power the ground ran close to 5k with the new drive shaft. Clearly you have never built a car to support that kind of HP even semi reliably.

Get ready to build a new motor because at that compression ratio it is going to blow under that kind of boost.

Last edited by Blownsvt; 05-28-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:43 PM
mfj
Banned

Old 05-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
lmao........ Good luck getting that back into the engine bay of a mustang.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blownsvt
the fact that i am in nearly $60k on my own near 1000 hp single turbo car. It adds up really quick if you do it all right. my fuel system alone to deliever enough gas to make 1000 hp cost over $3k. My rear end build to support putting that kind of power the ground ran close to 5k with the new drive shaft. Clearly you have never built a car to support that kind of HP even semi reliably.

Get ready to build a new motor because at that compression ratio it is going to blow under that kind of boost.
HAHA thats why i gave it 10 min. max LOL

and he's talking about using an IRS with this setup.
LOLx2
Old 05-28-2009, 08:04 PM
mfj
Banned

Why 4 turbos? Why not 8?

Quick Reply: 1000 ft-lb Clutch and Tranny