Old 05-30-2009, 04:49 PM
mfj
Banned

This kid's a joke...
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 PM
CotyStiles

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
Im glad to see that the Marines have taught you patriotism
The Marines have destroyed any illusions of governmental benevolence I once had. The United States' government is a business, and among the worst when it comes to employee-welfare.
Aside from that, the police in Honolulu are the worst I've known. They hate the military, and target them for law enforcement (letting their local friends and family do whatever they want). A government sticker on your car is the easiest way to get pulled over in Hawaii.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by mfj
I'm going to go ahead and call BULLSHI.T!!! No person in their right mind would do this...

High compression combined with 30+ psi boost is simply TOO MUCH cylinder pressure, to run 91 octane. ESPECIALLY ON A TURBO CAR...

You are HIGH!!!

Also, if you want to get ALL scientific with me, then your figure of water being able to cool 17x more efficiently than air, is not an accurate measurement, because we are dealing with high air flow. Yes, thermal transfer, in STILL water is 17 times better than thermal transfer in MOTIONLESS air, but that does not apply to a object being subject to water FLOW or air FLOW...

Quad Remote Mounts?! LMAO!!

This has got to be a ****ing joke!
Subtle.... yet effective.... A+!

But seriously, this is a pipe dream.... There is so much wrong that.... im stopping right now...
Old 05-31-2009, 01:53 PM
mfj
Banned

^ LMAO!

Old 11-28-2009, 10:02 PM
marcosbullock
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
This kid's a joke...
At least he's not a dick. You guys need to lighten up. Even if he's in dream land (which I don't have the knowledge to know) you either need to answer his question about the tranny and clutch or find someone else to go pester.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Fobra
Banned

BeeeeeBoooooo Beeeeeebooooooo Beeeeeeeboooooo ..... Oh shiznit, its the INTERNET POLICE!

- read the whole thread, his question has been answered.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:00 PM
marcosbullock
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
BeeeeeBoooooo Beeeeeebooooooo Beeeeeeeboooooo ..... Oh shiznit, its the INTERNET POLICE!

- read the whole thread, his question has been answered.
Yeah and there's still people on here acting like they are. I'm not the internet police but I am a new member to this forum and this thread is HARDLY an encouragement for me to ask advice on topics that I feel ignorant. And your condescending tone doesn't do anything but make my case.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:17 AM
RedHousePainter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CotyStiles
If it must be known, as a married Marine, living in Hawaii, I make approximately 54,000 dollars per year. I'm taking both cars back home to New York, though, as I'm moving back at the end of June.
I didn't really want to get into this thread, but I have to say something.

Coty, you have some big dreams for this car! It is a little over-the-top, but people have done 'worse'. But honestly man, being a young married man, there are better things to do with your money than blow it all on a car. Especially making it as extreme as you are going to. You have a family now, and I know exactly what your going through because I am in the same situation, newly married, military, with a Cobra I want to make mine one-off too, but we have higher priorities. Especially with the way the economy is and everything.

Not telling you how to run your money or life--please don't take offense. I don't know your situation 100%. I'm just suggesting, maybe cool your jets about this outrageous build. Honestly it sounds too good to be true, esecially for the low amount of money your expecting to put into it. It's probably not true, and your gonna spend more money than you expected.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by marcosbullock
Yeah and there's still people on here acting like they are. I'm not the internet police but I am a new member to this forum and this thread is HARDLY an encouragement for me to ask advice on topics that I feel ignorant. And your condescending tone doesn't do anything but make my case.
Be that as it may... nobody likes a hall monitor.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
jimbob8915
1st Gear Member

What does the Marines pay to re-up? That $ can buy lots of car parts.

Quick Reply: 1000 ft-lb Clutch and Tranny