MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Forums (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums-34/)
-   -   Am I crazy? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums/544410-am-i-crazy.html)

03svtcobra12 06-14-2009 07:39 PM

Am I crazy?

Alright, so I'm thinking about buying a POS 99' v6 coupe. Then gutting it, and turning it into an all out drag car. Two seats, little to no interior, no radio, no A/C. Just the basics and a roll cage, painted in flat black primer and all the cobra styling parts, NO EMBLEMS. Would want it to be a solid 10 second car.

Looking for advice and opinions. :icon_rolleyes:

oh and leaning toward a cobra style driveline, 4.6 or stroker 32v, T-56, and a built 8.8" or 9" rear

945LSTANG 06-14-2009 08:19 PM

im thinking a gutted foxbody would be easier/cheaper for an all out drag car.

MAD SVT 06-14-2009 08:58 PM

^+1 and easier to convert

Why not find a Salvage title cobra and gut that?
Maybe a theft recovery with the motor and seats stolen etc. bet you could pick that up for next to nothing.

Mustang3GT07 06-14-2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 03svtcobra12 (Post 6279624)
Alright, so I'm thinking about buying a POS 99' v6 coupe. Then gutting it, and turning it into an all out drag car. Two seats, little to no interior, no radio, no A/C. Just the basics and a roll cage, painted in flat black primer and all the cobra styling parts, NO EMBLEMS. Would want it to be a solid 10 second car.

Looking for advice and opinions. :icon_rolleyes:

oh and leaning toward a cobra style driveline, 4.6 or stroker 32v, T-56, and a built 8.8" or 9" rear

Why not just turn your cobra into a monster/10 second/drag car and then buy a DD?

03svtcobra12 06-14-2009 09:58 PM

Well, i dont really like foxs that much, and i owe 13k on my car, I kinda wanna get out of a car payment and have something faster, I have college starting in the fall and need to free up some of my income, i like the theft recovery or salvage idea.

Also i figure i can get into the 10's with this idea for less than what my termi would cost, of course it wouldn't be a DD though.

Mustang3GT07 06-14-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by 03svtcobra12 (Post 6280004)
Well, i dont really like foxs that much, and i owe 13k on my car, I kinda wanna get out of a car payment and have something faster, I have college starting in the fall and need to free up some of my income, i like the theft recovery or salvage idea.

Also i figure i can get into the 10's with this idea for less than what my termi would cost, of course it wouldn't be a DD though.

Its not hard to get into 10's with a terminator bro. You seem like your eager to dump the car and start over with something else :icon_wink:

03svtcobra12 06-14-2009 10:29 PM

Yeah, i know its not hard, moneys just really tight, and the termi as my only car doesn't suit my lifestyle very well, as im constantly surfing, which is hell on the interior and the salt air is great for the exterior, and doing other things which would be much better with a small Jeep. I've found an insane deal on a great jeep from a friend, so this was an idea i had. And I'd make a project out of it, I've always wanted to build a car myself, which this would allow me to do, more or less. So its not just about going fast, theres a few other variables in there. Also I want a coupe. with the money I have and can get for my car I can get the DD jeep, and start working on the drag car, there will be enough work i can do myself to keep me busy until I get the money for whatever motor/trans/rear i want.

sorry for the long read lol

Mustang3GT07 06-14-2009 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by 03svtcobra12 (Post 6280086)
Yeah, i know its not hard, moneys just really tight, and the termi as my only car doesn't suit my lifestyle very well, as im constantly surfing, which is hell on the interior and the salt air is great for the exterior, and doing other things which would be much better with a small Jeep. I've found an insane deal on a great jeep from a friend, so this was an idea i had. And I'd make a project out of it, I've always wanted to build a car myself, which this would allow me to do, more or less. So its not just about going fast, theres a few other variables in there. Also I want a coupe. with the money I have and can get for my car I can get the DD jeep, and start working on the drag car, there will be enough work i can do myself to keep me busy until I get the money for whatever motor/trans/rear i want.

sorry for the long read lol

How much do you plan on selling your car for and how much do you owe left on your cobra now?

MAD SVT 06-14-2009 10:37 PM

or you can have a 10 second terminator convertible :icon_wink:

that will fit a surfboard!!!

03svtcobra12 06-14-2009 10:49 PM

I owe 13k, or a little less, I plan on selling for around 19-21k leaving somewhere between 7-9k including my money i have, to start on a drag car, this already includes a new DD Jeep. I really want to stay with a 99-04 body, any alternative motors that wouldn't be to hard to fit in?