SVT Forums

98 cobra with a 2003 terminator motor help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 AM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by P.S.I.cho
its really hard to prove a block failure vs internal failure ive seen what we think is the block failing on a termi, it had 1200 hp with an 88mm turbo looks like the main webbings cracked first and then the block cracked on a water jacket and hydrolocked. there wasnt much left of the motor to really tell what happend tho
OFF TOPIC: I enjoyed watching the videos in your sig...
Old 01-18-2010, 09:11 AM
98svtNate

Originally Posted by mfj
Your statement cannot be backed up in any way shape or form...

True the Teksid Blocks can handle a lot more than the WAP Aluminum Blocks, but there is no proof that it is ANY more solid than a Termi Cast Iron block...
im not on here to argue with you. and no i dont have any first hand knowledge of a teksid block handling as much power as i have stated. i am simply stating facts that i have researched extensivly over the past year and half that i have owned my cobra. the main sources that i have checked come from both mm&ff and 5.0sf. i have also checked with local ford dealers and some local machine shops. both magazine companies have stated that the teksid block can withstand more power and abuse than the wap. so you can sit here and say that i dont know what im talking about all you want when you yourself have simply stated that they are.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

I cant prove that teksid block is stronger than your block... But theres no arguing that it cools down quicker and weighs much less while being just as strong.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Fobra
Banned

The teksid worship is unfounded. Most if not all big power builders would tell you to run an iron block. An aluminum block gets its strength from being heat cycled. Now think about boostn the **** out of a small displacement motor like a 4.6 to make 1500 hp, the teksid will lose strength over time and it might not crank but that doesnt mean that it holds form either. Aluminum blocks are also known for hot spots, keep the temps consistent is more important that it cooling off faster (the block itself anyway) because neither one is going to run hotter than the other in terms of how much heat it produces. A Teksid would be good for a bracket racer or an autox car were weight is important (where you are actually shaving every pound) on a street car or weekend warrior it will not make a difference. However, you will have paid alot more and it wont last as long as the iron block.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Fobra
Banned

The teksid fame is a result of the 5.0 blocks crapiness and when they came out, yes they were Gods gift.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by 98svtNate
im not on here to argue with you. and no i dont have any first hand knowledge of a teksid block handling as much power as i have stated. i am simply stating facts that i have researched extensivly over the past year and half that i have owned my cobra. the main sources that i have checked come from both mm&ff and 5.0sf. i have also checked with local ford dealers and some local machine shops. both magazine companies have stated that the teksid block can withstand more power and abuse than the wap. so you can sit here and say that i dont know what im talking about all you want when you yourself have simply stated that they are.
You took my post completely wrong... Yes the teksid block is better than the WAP ALUMINUM blocks, but NO magazine company has ever stated or proved that it is better than the cast iron blocks in the Termy's...