SVT Forums

Looking to buy stock 03/04 SuperCharger for my 03' Mach1 build $$$PRICING$$$

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default Looking to buy stock 03/04 SuperCharger for my 03' Mach1 build $$$PRICING$$$

Heya everyone;

I am having some second thoughts on my Mach1 build and I am thinking of Super Charging now. I really dont like the Mach 1 intake and I hate how there isnt a really good throttle bodie for it like the Acufab TB that flows 1850cfm-ish No, Im stuck with 1080something cfm. I know that more isnt always better but in the case of my build I need it and working with this intake is just getting frustrating.

A Super would solve those problems not to mention the awesome whine that you get is a plus.

I just wanted to know, how much should I spend on a used 03/04 COMPLETE supercharger and how many miles should I look for on one and when too many miles is just too many? What other signs should I look for when buying one?

Thanks again.

-Eric-
Old 07-28-2005, 06:33 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking to buy stock 03/04 SuperCharger for my 03' Mach1 build $$$PRICING$$$

When you say complete, do you mean the plenum, the intercooler and the eaton itself? For the eaton by itself, you should be able to find one for around $300 used, and it will probably have little mileage. By little mileage, I mean < 36K because they just haven't been out that long and people are swapping them like mad nowadays. I would not fear any charger under 48 k miles. But you have other things to consider with the swap that will cost plenty, such as new heads that will take in all that air. Those babies are expensive, like $900 a piece or something. I mean, you just can't bolt that eaton on a mach.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:23 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking to buy stock 03/04 SuperCharger for my 03' Mach1 build $$$PRICING$$$

The 03' Mach1 has the same heads as the 03 Cobra so its not going to be a big deal there. And for the pricing, yea I want the whole shibang so I can just bolt on the super, probably have it cleaned up and ported a bit before I put it on to get a little but more out of it.

Right now as I stand I can make an estimated 500-550hp on the high compression mod motor that I want to build, I heard that a stock eaton can make about 500 as well... But with porting mods how much more do you think it can push out?

-eric-
Old 07-29-2005, 04:49 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

The 03' Mach1 has the same heads as the 03 Cobra so its not going to be a big deal there. And for the pricing, yea I want the whole shibang so I can just bolt on the super, probably have it cleaned up and ported a bit before I put it on to get a little but more out of it.

Right now as I stand I can make an estimated 500-550hp on the high compression mod motor that I want to build, I heard that a stock eaton can make about 500 as well... But with porting mods how much more do you think it can push out?

-eric-
Yep, I stand corrected on the heads, that's what I get for not paying much attention to the Mach 1 engine. I think that's a cast iron block though, correct?

As for the hp, you can get 500 out of the stock if you change to long tube headers and have of course the smallest pulley and a damn good tune. Your probably gonna be closer to 490 or so with this setup. With a ported blower, you can get over the 500 mark and be at 515-525, depending on your car. Remember, with a ported blower, it is recommended to go back to a 2.93 pulley so as to maximize the blower's efficiency. But you can read all this yourself at svtperformance.com, there are several who have ported blowers. The best is to port your TB, Plenum and blower at the same time.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:09 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Nope, full aluminum block! Its just a fwe pounds heavier then the V6 models [8D] Thats another reason why Mach1's are so damn fast.

My bottom end is built though so I hope that I could get more power based on that.
I have a livernois 5.0L stroker kit, Forged ballanced 4340 steel crank, Forged 4340 Steel H-beam rods and Forged aluminum pistons. Holding it all together is Arp-L19 connecting and main cap bolts. I will be buying an ARP head stud kit too. The whole thing is lightened, ballanced and blueprinted before it leaves their shop, the place I will have my work done at ballances and blueprints it again just to double check everything to make sure that everything was Honkie Dori.

I havnt chosen my pistons yet because with a 10.5:1 compression motor and all the additional things for it to make it flow I can make the 500hp range, but if I lower it to 8.5:1 or even 9.1:1 I can put a supercharger on it and make about the same power, but the only thing would be that I could upgrade my super later on and make double that.

Hmmm, Well if I can find everything that I need to do the swap ok enough then I will do it and have a Supercharged Mach 1. I was really hoping on that Shaker hood too

Any other tips? Stage 3 cams? Tuners? anything?

-Eric-
Old 08-01-2005, 11:10 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

Nope, full aluminum block! Its just a fwe pounds heavier then the V6 models [8D] Thats another reason why Mach1's are so damn fast.

My bottom end is built though so I hope that I could get more power based on that.
I have a livernois 5.0L stroker kit, Forged ballanced 4340 steel crank, Forged 4340 Steel H-beam rods and Forged aluminum pistons. Holding it all together is Arp-L19 connecting and main cap bolts. I will be buying an ARP head stud kit too. The whole thing is lightened, ballanced and blueprinted before it leaves their shop, the place I will have my work done at ballances and blueprints it again just to double check everything to make sure that everything was Honkie Dori.

I havnt chosen my pistons yet because with a 10.5:1 compression motor and all the additional things for it to make it flow I can make the 500hp range, but if I lower it to 8.5:1 or even 9.1:1 I can put a supercharger on it and make about the same power, but the only thing would be that I could upgrade my super later on and make double that.

Hmmm, Well if I can find everything that I need to do the swap ok enough then I will do it and have a Supercharged Mach 1. I was really hoping on that Shaker hood too

Any other tips? Stage 3 cams? Tuners? anything?

-Eric-
Those cams are bad a$$. If you can afford them, I'd go for it.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 PM
birch
1st Gear Member

If your wanting to look for an 03/04 blower, go to SVTPerformance.com. There's always blowers for sale there.

Vic