SVT Forums

Needing info and opinions!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 PM
whitegt500

Default Needing info and opinions!!

Well just got a 03 cobra (black) stock for right now, im wanting to know what most of yall out there are running like intake, pulley, tune and if there is anybody that sells power packages like the one i got for my gt500, or do i have to piece everything together and then get it tuned??? ...and if there are any things i need to stay away from...thanx in advance!!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

The first thing I got is Drag Radials..... I like Drag racing and my cobra would burn out all the way through 3rd gear and wouldn't get good traction til 4th. So I got some nitto 555rs and they are great. Still burn in first but once 2nd gear hits Its gone!!!! So that's my opinion is to get some radials to handle all that power getting put to the ground
Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
hot sauce
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitegt500
Well just got a 03 cobra (black) stock for right now, im wanting to know what most of yall out there are running like intake, pulley, tune and if there is anybody that sells power packages like the one i got for my gt500, or do i have to piece everything together and then get it tuned??? ...and if there are any things i need to stay away from...thanx in advance!!

the first things i got done on my cobra was 2.8 pulley,lfp dual pass heat exchanger, centerforce df,ford gt supercar fuel pumps, o/r x pipe,tri ax shifter, and a dyno tune from gearheads performance in arlington ,tx. are you looking to install everything yourself or have a shop do it? if your close to the dfw area and looking for a shop gearheads then look no further tell how much hp you want and then turn them loose.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
whitegt500

Originally Posted by hot sauce
the first things i got done on my cobra was 2.8 pulley,lfp dual pass heat exchanger, centerforce df,ford gt supercar fuel pumps, o/r x pipe,tri ax shifter, and a dyno tune from gearheads performance in arlington ,tx. are you looking to install everything yourself or have a shop do it? if your close to the dfw area and looking for a shop gearheads then look no further tell how much hp you want and then turn them loose.
yea i plan on installing most bolt-ons myself just needing the brains for someone to make everything work efficently, i just ordered the heat exchanger and was looking at the pulleys now, what size r yall running and the boost? if u dont mind me asking how much did it cost to get it tuned?? and yes im from san angelo so ft worth is about 3 hours away so it might be in my future
Old 03-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

JLT CAI
2.76" BF Pulley
CB Exhaust
DR's
....and a good tune!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:33 PM
whitegt500

Originally Posted by timspony
JLT CAI
2.76" BF Pulley
CB Exhaust
DR's
....and a good tune!!
yea ok im heading pretty much the same direction. called up the guys at gearheads in arlington and quoted me $200 for the tune and include two other files for me to use on the car......so none the less im getting hyped haha gonna see how close i can get it to hang with the gt500
Old 03-12-2010, 09:56 AM
hot sauce
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitegt500
yea i plan on installing most bolt-ons myself just needing the brains for someone to make everything work efficently, i just ordered the heat exchanger and was looking at the pulleys now, what size r yall running and the boost? if u dont mind me asking how much did it cost to get it tuned?? and yes im from san angelo so ft worth is about 3 hours away so it might be in my future
2.8 upper and i may be looking at a 2 or 4lbs lower pulley today i am about to head gearheads as we speak. as far as the tune i think it was 200 also i would say if your planning on driving the car to gearheads after mods i would stay out of the boost til you get a safe tune installed. could be hard to stay out boost because there are some nice open roads between san angelo and ft worth
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
whitegt500

Originally Posted by hot sauce
2.8 upper and i may be looking at a 2 or 4lbs lower pulley today i am about to head gearheads as we speak. as far as the tune i think it was 200 also i would say if your planning on driving the car to gearheads after mods i would stay out of the boost til you get a safe tune installed. could be hard to stay out boost because there are some nice open roads between san angelo and ft worth
i agree with that!, more then likely i will trailer it over there just to be on the safe side.....well got another question? whats the best way to fix the sued seats in these cars, since i got this one used....the driver seat surely looks "USED" yall know anyone maybe selling some cobra seats or replace ment covers for these things????