MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Forums (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums-34/)
-   -   I'm New on here and need some ideas. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/svt-forums/610959-im-new-on-here-and-need-some-ideas.html)

03sleeper 08-04-2010 11:57 PM

SCOUTN757 Thank you for the good recommendations. I will be checking the short throw out soon. And the JLT Carbon Fiber intake was something I've been looking at and now I know they're good. Thanks everyone for the posts.

SaddleUp 08-05-2010 09:31 PM

Another Borla fan here....although I have not personally heard them on a cobra yet.

Car looks great. What size tires are the rears? 305's ? And what manufacturer?

945LSTANG 08-06-2010 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SaddleUp (Post 7140376)
Another Borla fan here....although I have not personally heard them on a cobra yet.

Car looks great. What size tires are the rears? 305's ? And what manufacturer?

they sound decent in person with a catted midpipe. a few locals have borla. one guy has the catback with an o/r x and it is just too much rasp for me. i don't think i could ever justify the cost either.

03sleeper 08-09-2010 12:49 AM

they're 315's on the rear and they're goodyear eagle f1's. And I finally got under the car and have found a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Someone posted earlier that the exhaust didn't seem stock and they were correct. I am however pretty happy that it already has an exhaust and now I don't have to buy one!! So all I need now is a JLT intake, a smaller pulley for the supercharger and a larger idler pulley, as well as a tune and I'm all set. Also does anyone know any companies that make a greal dual pillar gauge set? I would like a new boost gauge since I plan on running higher boost as well as an air/fuel ratio gauge or even a water temp gauge. And finally does anyone know a great nitrous system to run and how much spray is an appropriate amount? I do not want to blow up my engine and I don't plan on racing much but I would like enough to destroy anyone who wants to race me around my area!! Thanks for all your inputs already guys and please keep them coming!!!!

Blackvenom01 08-09-2010 05:32 AM

i have borla xr1's with and o/r x pipe and a solid rear axle and it sounds mean as hell...it reminds me of magnalflow cause its fairly quite at startup and cruising its like any other car but pick up those rpms and it sounds like a mean deep monster...i have had no complaints at all not even from cops :))

BAD351W 08-10-2010 01:07 AM

Awesome car! Congrats on the purchase.

Mustang3GT07 08-13-2010 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Blackvenom01 (Post 7144883)
i have borla xr1's with and o/r x pipe and a solid rear axle and it sounds mean as hell...it reminds me of magnalflow cause its fairly quite at startup and cruising its like any other car but pick up those rpms and it sounds like a mean deep monster...i have had no complaints at all not even from cops :))

Any sound clips?