SVT Forums

Looking to purchase 03 Cobra need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
rudyr123

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Excellent! Glad to hear you got the exhaust issue resolved. Ya ya convertible Terminator = endless summer fun. Looks sweet, enjoy it!
I can just imagine! I live in NJ so I'll be going down to the shore. No not the Jersey Shore where all the guidos go haha..

I'm not used to all the squeaking the car makes just about yet. Everyone says "that's ford for you!" but that's a bs excuse! I'm determined to get the squeaking to stop lmao. I think it's coming from my left front strut. I hear a squeaking noise whenever I hit a bump. Also when I turn the steering wheel right. Could it be the ball joints?

Sorry for being so picky! I want to get the little things fixed before I start modding the car.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rudyr123
I can just imagine! I live in NJ so I'll be going down to the shore. No not the Jersey Shore where all the guidos go haha..

I'm not used to all the squeaking the car makes just about yet. Everyone says "that's ford for you!" but that's a bs excuse! I'm determined to get the squeaking to stop lmao. I think it's coming from my left front strut. I hear a squeaking noise whenever I hit a bump. Also when I turn the steering wheel right. Could it be the ball joints?

Sorry for being so picky! I want to get the little things fixed before I start modding the car.
The convertible does have a lot of squeaking. Subframe connectors and a tower strut brace will help silence the squeaking. A lightbar helps too if you like the look of that.

I just had to top off my power steering fluid (remember it uses ATF), I was getting squeaking when I turned and that's what it was. If you're only hearing it in one direction, dunno if that's what it is, but good place to start checking...
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM
ttoney
2nd Gear Member

Look at the springs and see if there are Isolators on there. Some people take them off to get a hair lower with no detriment to NVH. Sometimes that squeeks and needs to have the spring moved around to stop it.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM
rudyr123

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
The convertible does have a lot of squeaking. Subframe connectors and a tower strut brace will help silence the squeaking. A lightbar helps too if you like the look of that.

I just had to top off my power steering fluid (remember it uses ATF), I was getting squeaking when I turned and that's what it was. If you're only hearing it in one direction, dunno if that's what it is, but good place to start checking...
I'll definitely look into it, I want to get everything situated before I start buying stuff for the cobra. I have a Compustar 2W900FMR alarm/remote start waiting to be installed so that's next on my list. Schmalgar do you get any leaks with your cobra? There is a tiny gap that the weather strip isn't covering the driver side window and when it rains my seat gets drenched! I purchased this weather strip. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...t-Weatherstrip

I have a hunch that I'm going to have to buy the weatherstrip that goes around the windshield as well. I have a picture on my phone as to where the water is coming in. I'll try and post it in a few.

Originally Posted by ttoney
Look at the springs and see if there are Isolators on there. Some people take them off to get a hair lower with no detriment to NVH. Sometimes that squeeks and needs to have the spring moved around to stop it.
I'll check that out tomorrow when it stops raining. BTW nice looking cobra!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rudyr123
Schmalgar do you get any leaks with your cobra? There is a tiny gap that the weather strip isn't covering the driver side window and when it rains my seat gets drenched! I purchased this weather strip.
It leaks every now and then. Nothing regular or extreme though, just a few drips here and there. Not enough that I've worried about trying to fix it. Hopefully you can get that fixed easily.