SVT Forums

Test drove this 03 cobra vert. Price seems a little high

Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Default Test drove this 03 cobra vert. Price seems a little high

I went and looked at the 03 Cobra with 88K. It appeared to be in very good condition. I have never sat let alone test drove one. The seats were more comfortable than I expected. It felt solid, no noticeable rattles or squeaks. I couldn't get on it too much but it felt powerful. The power is somewhat deceptive. The dealer was unwilling to work with me. The price of $17,448 was the no haggle price. They wouldn't go $17,448 TTL.
Here is the link the cobra: http://www.wittlm.com/details/Used+2...36+San%20Diego

Last edited by gman73; 03-06-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

$16k to $16.5K tops for me...Link not working!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:23 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Edited above post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

its all how much you want it but its pretty close to fai like tim said maybe 16.5 if your gonna pay 18k go find you one on svtperformance with 40-60k for that much
Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

mileage way to high
Old 03-06-2011, 02:55 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Mileage is a little high. KBB value is $19K, NADA is 17.5K and Edmunds TMV is 15.9K
Old 03-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...Car looks to be is good shape!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

That's a nice car. Mileage is questionable. I mean if you're really okay with it. I'd personally want around 50k.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

That price really isnt that bad. I am also just looking at cobras right now as I think I may trade in for one once my GT is paid off. This Cobra is actually almost perfect for my criteria lol. But with 88k I would agree with Tim. BTW no salesman who refuses to sell a car below NADA will ever make it. He is willing to go below that price he just wants you to think he wont. If he wants to sell a car he'll work with you. Only happens a few times a year when somebody comes in with full cash and doesn't bother trying to negotiate. Salesman who try to bank on said idiot to buy all of their cars do not last.

I'm not paying anymore than 2k below list price and I prefer it to be 3.5kish below a reasonable list price and I think i'll find a buy within one weekend. Its really not hard to haggle with salesman, you just have to put your foot down harder than him. Start by offering well below what you really want to pay and never ever let it be known how much money you actually have ready to buy a car. If I were you and that salesman tried to make me pay list price id give him my number and walk out immediately, say not another word. When I bought my GT my salesman tried that **** too I literally tried walking out twice before I finally got it. The guy would let me start walking and then come get me before I got out the door, both times haha.

Also another tip. Try to come prepared with printed out car values(NADA, KBB, etc) and also copies of other cars you are interested in, in the area. You will look prepared and informed and he will also know you're willing to walk out to go buy a Cobra from somebody else. Even if you have to bring a stack of blank pieces of paper and fold them up do it, it looks better than walking in with flip flops, shorts and a desperate attitude. DO NOT show him your other cars that you are truely interested in and would be willing to buy, that will be ammo for his arsenal. What you should do is bring 1-3 printouts of cars that you know you dont want to buy but are equivalent mileage and year but are listed for less. You can use this as a bargaining tool. So you can go "well i've got this cobra i'm gonna go check out thats asking less than you are, for the same or less miles, and I like these rims better." At that point he'll have to work with you or let you go buy from somebody else, they DO NOT want that.

Last edited by Hangwire; 03-06-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:51 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
That price really isnt that bad. I am also just looking at cobras right now as I think I may trade in for one once my GT is paid off. This Cobra is actually almost perfect for my criteria lol. But with 88k I would agree with Tim. BTW no salesman who refuses to sell a car below NADA will ever make it. He is willing to go below that price he just wants you to think he wont. If he wants to sell a car he'll work with you. Only happens a few times a year when somebody comes in with full cash and doesn't bother trying to negotiate. Salesman who try to bank on said idiot to buy all of their cars do not last.

I'm not paying anymore than 2k below list price and I prefer it to be 3.5kish below a reasonable list price and I think i'll find a buy within one weekend. Its really not hard to haggle with salesman, you just have to put your foot down harder than him. Start by offering well below what you really want to pay and never ever let it be known how much money you actually have ready to buy a car. If I were you and that salesman tried to make me pay list price id give him my number and walk out immediately, say not another word. When I bought my GT my salesman tried that **** too I literally tried walking out twice before I finally got it. The guy would let me start walking and then come get me before I got out the door, both times haha.

Also another tip. Try to come prepared with printed out car values(NADA, KBB, etc) and also copies of other cars you are interested in, in the area. You will look prepared and informed and he will also know you're willing to walk out to go buy a Cobra from somebody else. Even if you have to bring a stack of blank pieces of paper and fold them up do it, it looks better than walking in with flip flops, shorts and a desperate attitude. DO NOT show him your other cars that you are truely interested in and would be willing to buy, that will be ammo for his arsenal. What you should do is bring 1-3 printouts of cars that you know you dont want to buy but are equivalent mileage and year but are listed for less. You can use this as a bargaining tool. So you can go "well i've got this cobra i'm gonna go check out thats asking less than you are, for the same or less miles, and I like these rims better." At that point he'll have to work with you or let you go buy from somebody else, they DO NOT want that.
Thanks for the tip. The sales guy seemed like he didn't want to negotiate at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Test drove this 03 cobra vert. Price seems a little high