SVT Forums

03 cobra, good mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Mustang6713

Default 03 cobra, good mileage?

Hey all, so I currently own a 67 Mustang and am looking into getting an 03 cobra while the 67 goes through some upgrades, and I have found one in my price range (under 20k), but it has 57k miles on it. From the pictures it looks clean, engine bay isn't dirty or dusty, interior looks nice, carfax shows no accidents or any major damage reported. So that being said, should I take my time to check it out in person or keep looking? I guess my main concern is the mileage, 57k seems like a lot but is it worth worrying about?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't think 57k miles is a lot for an 8 year old car. 7k miles per year ain't bad. Are you buying from a private seller? If so, does he have receipts from all his regular maintenance? If he does, that's a good sign that he took good care of it, and I wouldn't be worried. If not, well I probably still wouldn't be worried. From what I've seen and read, these cars hold up as well as any other. Of course, any car can be driven into the ground, but I don't think 57k miles on this car is any better or worse than average. While you definitely can find em with less miles, I don't think 57k is too much by a long shot, for whatever my opinion is worth...

And I'd love to have a 67 and a Terminator side by side in the garage. That'll just look SWEET.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

....Would need to see a few pics & more details on the car! I've seen plenty of 03/04 Cobra's in the high 30's to mid 40's under $20K....They are FUN!

Link to the car??
Old 10-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Mustang6713

The Termi is being sold by a used dealership, but the carfax says it has had only 2 owners, here is the link. http://www.californiacarcompany.com/...lifornia-92821

The funny thing about the ad is that they are calling it a 10th anniversary, but it doesn't have the badges, wheels or interior that a 10th anniversary SHOULD have, which I will bring up and hopefully get them to drop the price. Also, in the 5th picture, of the rear end, is it just me or does the horizontal brake light say "CHOSEN" on it? And in the 4th picture, on the driver's side rear quarter, is that a long scratch or a reflection?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Hey man that seems like a good deal. That is one nice ride man!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Mustang6713

Is there anything I should look for when I see it in person? Any signs that it was driven hard or abused?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Chieflikalotapus
2nd Gear Member

I think it seems like a good deal brotha. You should jump in it. It so clean they even left the supercharger pulley cover on it. It's probly never been molested
Old 10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^Bow before your leader. Man that's hot!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Honestly, I'm surprised it is coming in at 19k at a dealer. I think that's a good price for a dealer. And it looks GREAT! I'd buy it...

The only real weakness on these things is the IRS and rear differential, right? Don't know if there's really any way to check them. Maybe a previous owner put an IRS brace on it, if you see one on it that'd be a good thing. Beryond that, the engine is built and pretty solid and can take some abuse...

The only other thing I'd say is, if you get it, change the oil in the supercharger right away. The manual says the factory oil is good to 60k miles I believe, and you're right there. Who knows if it's still the factory oil or not, better safe than sorry...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Mustang6713
The Termi is being sold by a used dealership, but the carfax says it has had only 2 owners, here is the link. http://www.californiacarcompany.com/...lifornia-92821

The funny thing about the ad is that they are calling it a 10th anniversary, but it doesn't have the badges, wheels or interior that a 10th anniversary SHOULD have, which I will bring up and hopefully get them to drop the price. Also, in the 5th picture, of the rear end, is it just me or does the horizontal brake light say "CHOSEN" on it? And in the 4th picture, on the driver's side rear quarter, is that a long scratch or a reflection?
Car looks clean!! ...I believe that is a reflection is the rear quarter panel....The Cobra is NOT a 10 Anniversary Model....The VIN # is way too low to be a 10th! ....They were built late in 2003

Quick Reply: 03 cobra, good mileage?