SVT Forums

Previous Mach owner, needing advice on trade.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Default Previous Mach owner, needing advice on trade.

I sold my Mach 1, bought a truck. I miss it so I am going to trade my truck well a guy offered me a 04 cobra termi, with mods. 27k miles.

My truck is worth aboutu 17-19k kbb value.

But the car must be worth a lot more I am sure. or the same.

it has exhaust injectors. Ported pulley on the stock eaton, short throw. and I am not sure what else.

Either way.

Is it worth it for the trade. and should I do anything else to keep the engine from blowing, I am pretty sure these werent built to hold 501 rwhp stock.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

04 with low miles....I'm "assuming" condition is consistant with mileage....great. With that said, 03-04 Cobras with low miles & mods tend to typically go for the low to mid $20's....

As far as mods and keeping the engine from blowing...I guess it depends on what's been done to it. The motor itself is pretty bullit proof....but there tends to be weak points when increasing the power in these cars. With what you've listed, it sounds like it's had the standard upgrades installed.....nothing that can hurt anything. Make sure the tune is good.

Good luck.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
04 with low miles....I'm "assuming" condition is consistant with mileage....great. With that said, 03-04 Cobras with low miles & mods tend to typically go for the low to mid $20's....

As far as mods and keeping the engine from blowing...I guess it depends on what's been done to it. The motor itself is pretty bullit proof....but there tends to be weak points when increasing the power in these cars. With what you've listed, it sounds like it's had the standard upgrades installed.....nothing that can hurt anything. Make sure the tune is good.

Good luck.
Thanks, I just hear horror stories of people breaking 450rwhp and the rods being sent through hoods. ETC.

The guy is real weary or something cause he is real off and on about everything!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Hes being one of those guys who just kinda act like hes playing you. Says he will trade me but cant meet me till two weeks cause hes 7 hrs away, and hes just not very talkative, making me nervous.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Any more details on the Cobra??

There are plenty of 03/04 Cobra's making much more then 450 rwhp with zero issues!!! I have 2!! ...I would think $20-24k depending on the mods, color, etc....
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

yea the guy i being a douche bro. Hes completely arrogant to what I am asking him. Like all I want is more pics and photos and Ive been asking him for them for two days and he just keeps blowing me off and not replying. he may reply like 3 times a day. but he acts like hes busy all the time.... Its really pissing me off. If I am gonna trade my truck for the damn car I want someone who will talk to me about it and be interested in the trade.

Anyone feel like texting him and seeing if he is not just like this with me lol? Its seriously pissing me off. Hes asking 18k for a 20-24k cobra.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

To be honest, Tim is right! You should concider looking elsewhere. If he is acting like that now it most likely will get worse as time goes on.

Just out of curiosity... Would you concider going back to another Mach? I know it isnt the best/fastest out there but I really enjoy driving mine.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

He's asking $18k???? ....seems low with 27k miles, or there's something wrong with it!!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tom V
To be honest, Tim is right! You should concider looking elsewhere. If he is acting like that now it most likely will get worse as time goes on.

Just out of curiosity... Would you concider going back to another Mach? I know it isnt the best/fastest out there but I really enjoy driving mine.
I loved my mach 1, if I could get mine back I would. I had 49k miles with a sweet vortec setup on it. It was gorgeous. Had the stripe custom painted on the hood. beautiful car.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Keep looking.....

Quick Reply: Previous Mach owner, needing advice on trade.